CSL DD "Slip" Issue

Hey everyone, I got a CSL DD a few months ago, and probably once a night that I use it, for an extremely brief moment during a turn, the wheel will lose FFB and has almost a feeling of a gear slipping a tooth. When that happens I also get a clang/clunk that has a bit of a metal spring sound. (I have a formula V2 with the quick release that has a spring in it so that might be the cause). I opened a ticket with Fanatec and they want me to ship them the device back and be without it for who knows how long so they can look at it and I'm hoping some advice here will help me to not have to be without for a while.

Usually, this happens during higher FFB events, but I've had it happen in low FFB as well. I've done these things so far:

• Tightened the bolts/screws on the shaft
  • Verified the shaft collar tightened is aligned with the slot
  • Verified the shaft collar has no gapping and does not seem to move when pulled/pushed
  • Tried to use the locking screw on the wheel in addition to the metal quick release

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Hi Adam,

Did you check this youtube movie already? Maybe there is a solution for you inside.

• Hi Mike - i'll check it out, but my formula v2 wheel doesn't use the QR Lite, maybe I can get something out of it though.

• More, discussion about this here:

https://forum.fanatec.com/discussion/24312/csl-dd-force-drop-out-mid-corner-peak-load#latest

No official comments about it yet though.

• Gerald FulopGerald Fulop Member
    edited April 2022

I am having the same issue. Please let me know how you resolved your issue. Thanks

• I have the same issue, I tried EVERYTHING from shaft reseating and c-clamp fastening to wheel change and adding ferrites.

I found that the reason is a bad power connector on the psu cable or bad socket in the base (i doubt), if I pull the power cable up to bend the connector and have a better pins connection in the connector it works fine, if just plug the connector in without "locking" it up or down - I have all sorts of crazy things happening, then a click sound from the base and the wheel stops responding until I reset the base.

Hope it's psu or cable and not the base. I got it only 3 days ago.