Fanatec BMW GT2 steering wheel will not turn on

Hello all, I just got my rig put together a few hours ago and everything worked great up until a moment ago. I was playing forza horizon 5 and when I hooked my Fanatec shifter in, a message that appeared to be random letters popped up on my steering wheel. I didn’t think anything of it. Then 6_7 appeared on the led display. It was like this for about 5 minutes and then the wheel just completely shut off and disconnected. I have taken it on and off several times and it will not turn on. The wheel base is fine though.

any ideas?

Comments

• John DittmannJohn Dittmann Member
    edited April 2022

Same problem here. TBH, I'm not impressed with Fanatecs products. 2-3 month wait time and in the last month I've spent more time at my computer diagnosing problems than I have seated in my SIM.

Not everyone can afford to have 3-4 wheels to use while shipping one back to the company.

• Don't know if you

Don't know if you fixed this yet but try loosening the collar on the steering shaft, pulling it out, and then pushing it back in all the way. To say I was shocked at the electrical connection between the shaft and the wheel base is an understatement. Reading about all the problems people have had for years and now having many of my own has me ready to sell and go with an alternative. Fanatec is run like a startup, not a multi-million dollar company with an international clientele!