CSL pedals (with Loadcell) not working on new DD Pro

2»

Comments

• Yes it’s shocking really if there’s this many people having problems I’ve ordered some rj12 cables just to see

• I am also having the same issue. Explained it well to support and emphasized that I had everything setup correctly since I had followed their youtube guide and I receive a response 3 days later linking me the video that I said I followed, saying "are you sure you set it up correctly?". Now its 2 days later and no response to my follow up email. 😁

• New GT DD Pro with the CSL pedals on PS5 with Gran Turismo 7.

Steering works but throttle and brake are not responding in the slightest. I think i hooked up everything correctly..

Am I missing something?

• For the People who are having trouble with their pedals not working on ps5, as this fine person points out:

There is a USB cable with square plug in the csl load cell pedal that shouldn't be plugged in for PS5. If it is, your pedals might not work.

In any case i unplugged it and after restarting now am able to use the pedals.

• No USB connected to PS5, even when connected to PC no throttle or clutch even tested on the fanatec lab

• Just had a reply I have to send pedal set back for repair or replacement booo

• If anyone comes back here to find this comment I'd just like to point out that the RJ12 cable on one side says "Wheel Base/Load Cell" on the other side of the cable it says "Load Cell". It seems this is a directional cable. After having the issue of no accelerator in GT7 I took everything apart, checked the ports and only noticed after the cable had different names on it which matched the ports, so be clear that this cable is directional.

Hopefully this resolves someone's issue in the future!

• I've got to say, you made me temporarily excited - but it made no difference.

I too have this issue - I'm waiting 4 days for a response from support - But form what reading I've been doing it sounds as though this is far from an isolated issue - There seem to be a LOT of people who go the gt-dd kit who are coming up against this.

Super-frustrating.

It's especially frustrating as it doesn't take Fanatec 4 days to write an RMA for me to send the pedal back in to them. I'm finally experiencing what I've seen others complaining about before with fanatec support, when they say they'll never buy from fanatec again :/

• Hi guys, I was running into the same issue: No response from the throttle, LC break works fine. Everything is up to date and wired correctly. Don‘t get your hopes too high but I was able to resolve the issue, at least partially. In my case there is an issue with the calibration. If you open up the Fanatec Control Panel, you will see no response from the pedal until you activate the „Enable CSL Pedals LC Kit manual mode“ and calibrate the throttle manually. Min: no input, Max: full input. I still have the issue that the throttle now jitters and I had to set the maximum input to about 90% in order to get 100% throttle in ACC. I will still send it back to Fanatec but at least I‘m able to use my Wheel for now.

• Hi guys

Have the same issue, no response from throttle after connecting LC break. It is a joke, this is not high-end, it is low-quality made in China. After one week I got an answer to send it back.

Sorry, but the service and the product itself is low-quality. Thrustmuster, logitech and so on is the same low-quality. The only difference is the price.

Fanatec=low quality and high price

• Having the same exact problem. I have followed all of the recommended troubleshoots to no avail. Spent the last four hours assembling and disassembling, wiring and rewiring, testing and retesting, only to have the throttle be deader than the quality control department at Fanatec, assuming they have one. I'm with some of you, truly a disappointing experience to spend all this money, wait months, only for it not to work. And from some of the experiences here, basically get little if any help from support beyond just sending it in and wait even longer. The Logitech G29 I had before is infinitely more functional at a fifth the cost. Highly recommend that over my useless ornamentation that's currently mounted to my rig. Basically had to resort to opening a ticket, and by the looks of things, I'll be waiting a while. I should send an invoice for the wasted time. Might recoup my losses

• I won't spend money for this company any more, it is not worth it! Worst customer service! Keep you up to date!

• Today I got great news of Fanatec! The RMA-process will last 3-4 weeks!

• This fixed the problem for me, so thank you and thank you to the poster in the linked thread! My pedals would work in a 2 pedal setup but not with the third load cell pedal on either PS5 (GT7) or PC (various games but mostly ACC, AM2, and PC2)...and yes, the pedals were plugged in correctly. ACC kind of worked but not as it should. I tried both GT7 and several PC games with only the DD motor plugged into the USB and not the pedals and it seems to have fixed all of my known issues. rFactor2 crashing out of the track loading screen continues to be an issue but likely unrelated.

• I have the same nightmare tonight. All working perfectly until i installed the loadcell pedal, now no response whatsoever from the throttle pedal but the loadcell still works. Tried every combination of cable connections. Uninstalled the loadcell and re-installed the original brake pedal and nothing from the throttle. Also, as mentioned above, I'm extremely unhappy at having to obtain a PC to update the firmware. Even when i did, my loadcell pedals register ok with the firmware manager, can adjust settings no problem but i get nothing from the wheelbase. It says no devices connected and wheelbase and steering wheel are greyed out so can't adjust settings or update the firmware anyway. Very frustrating after buying a PC just for updating this system. This is unacceptable considering how much I've spent up to now. I've now raised a support ticket (02/04/22). Will wait and see what Fanatec say.

• Add me to the list.. Firmware up to date.. added the loadcell tonight to have it fry the throttle pedal.. no throttle even without load cell.. Playing GT7..

come on Fanatec .. we need some answers on what the hell to do.. or I guess I will get to race about June

• Fanatec must've known about this issue prior to release. I only used mine for about 4 or 5 hours before putting it away while i decorated, then when i went use it again i attached the loadcell pedal and that was the end of the throttle pedal. This has to have happened in testing and if so this is very poor from Fanatec. Unless they remedy this for free, which includes any customs charges that will occur again if replacements are needed, then Fanatec will go down as one of the worst companies in the industry. Let's see how they put this right. I'd vote on a total recall if i was them!

• The load cell kit and DDPRO pedals were returned today from the manufacturer support.

The serial numbers of the returned items are different from the ones we sent.

I was wondering what to do if it was not working again, but when I connected it and checked it, the accelerator, brake, and clutch all responded, so I decided to try the DDPRO pedals.

Assetto CORSA on PC Gran Turismo 7 on PS5

It worked.

It took a while, but it was good.

I didn't receive any information about the details of the response, but the fact that the product is now working after the exchange response means that there is a possibility that there is a problem with the product, so I'm not sure what to do.

If you have not submitted a support ticket, it would be good to request a ticket as soon as possible and have it handled.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

• Hi folks! Exactly the same problem hit the throttle after LC was connected. Default paddles worked ok before LC except some squeaking sound from the brake. The feeling was like u unboxed an big update (LC) then ended up with the death of other paddles. I’m sure the connection was correct. Raised a ticket and waiting for the feedback.

For someone who has already received replacement, were u guys just returned default throttle and brake(clutch)?

• 3/19 I sent back the standard brake axel + load cell, and I feel like I got the product back on 4/2.

At that time the serial number was a different number so I think it is a new item.

• ANTHONY WebbANTHONY Webb Member
    edited April 2022

Same thing happened to me. Just got my CSL load cell kit in today. I hooked it up correctly by following the instructions and load cell worked but my throttle did not have any response. I just wrote the support. I hope this doesn't take too long. I mainly play GT7 on PS5. My throttle still works after defaulting back to the original setup, but seeing how many people said that their throttle doesn't work anymore at all has me worried that it may have shortened my throttles life span.

• 2 weeks into installing load cell I keep getting this issue , the load cell is registering in game about 2 to 8 % , ie the pedal is being pressed , this is now getting more and more common with me. The only solution is to pause the game and restart the dd pro , but I'm now 25 seconds behind the streem . Once I re start the wheel it may last for 2 more races then half way through next race the brake bar starts registering brake being pressed again , it's getting frustrating now , anyone else having this issue or know how to fix this ?