Accelerator module not working on brand new GT DD Pro Premium bundle with LC upgrade PS5

edited March 2022 in Pedals

We just unboxed everything. hooked it up, the pedals all different ways. Also updated firmware to all latest versions. Fanatec's PC program seems to function correctly and can communicate with the wheelbase and pedal set OK, but no inputs coming from gas pedal or clutch. LC brake module IS sending signal and can see it working on the percentage bar....wheelbase seems to be working fine...

PS5 only

Don't know what to do now..........anyone else?

Thanks

Troy

Comments

• Exactly the same here. cables all routed fine and triple checked. Throttle only thing not working. £800 and it turns up broken. For the money we spend and they must make, they need better tech support. Especially as these products are fairly complicated. waiting 4-5 days plus just to make contact with support just is not good enough

• 100% agree. will be trying tech support relentlessly today. yes, I spent hard saved money for an entry level, but premium experience.....not seeing the value for money.

• Here's the video I took to start a trouble ticket...

• Left a detailed submission about this issue through the Fanatec tech support. I was unable to upload my video through their online submission form, it kept screwing it up and I had to start all over again.

"Please allow 7 days for a response."

I'm very surprised that this package is having issues...went this route because I wanted LESS unknowns and compatibility issues. Their tech support process also needs work. Really frustrated with these issues.

I feel the gas pedal is faulty, but now it'll take another couple weeks probably to convince them that it's faulty and another 3 months for working products to arrive. #rant

I'm hoping to be surprised by some prompt customer service, but skeptical at this point. Hope to have it up and running by the holidays...😥

• Sesimon3Sesimon3 Member
    edited March 2022

I would say that there is a fundamental issue caused by adding the LC pedal, as so many people seem to be reporting this or very similar issues!

As soon as I added mine, and changed the brake to be the clutch pedal, the now clutch pedal started jumping all over the place on the calibration screen then eventually completely stopped working.

It now refuses to work even if I reinstate it back as a brake pedal!

I'm hoping that a firmware update may be able to fix this as I can live with the issue for a while as I'm not using a clutch. Also am hoping I don't have to go through the ordeal of sending things back!

• Same issue for me. Throttle doesn't work at all, with or without the loadcell. Tried grounding the wheel stand, updated drivers, installed and re-installed driver/firmware more times than i cared to count and its not working :(

Raised through support, got an initial response and one asking for a video which i've sent but now all gone quiet. Come on Fanatec! Being dead on arrival is one thing, shit happens, but this is not how you should be treating customers who pay so much for your product!

you know what still works flawlessly.... the Logitech g29

• I'm actually considering grabbing a 2nd hand Logitech just so that I can race...until this all gets sorted..

• I have the same problem, and responding everywhere i can to hopefully make some noise. This is unacceptable. The price we paid for this coupled with the long lead time to actually get it delivered, you'd expect something so basic as a throttle pedal would, oh i don't know.... work? It's frustrating beyond measure that they aren't trying to do everything to fix it.

I did the same as you did: rewired everything repeatedly, isolated the LS pedal just to rule it out. Nothing. My throttle pedal is seemingly just as responsive as Fanatec's customer service. And i'm with you, my Logitech G29 that was essentially getting worn down from racing for nearly 4 years is infinitely more functional at a fifth the price of this useless piece of ornamentation currently on my rig. They need to get this sorted immediately. Waiting nearly 3 months for glorified paperweights will ensure i never buy from Fanatec again

• Agreed Josh,

I'm a sim racing newbie, but with GT7 and all the hype, I did some research and this seemed like the perfect setup for me. Not to mention the nostalgia of playing the older games on PS1 and PS2 when I was younger. The perfect free-time killer during a long Wisconsin winter. I wanted something premium-ish, well-built, but still an entry level rig.

Well, it all looks very nice collecting dust in the corner until I hear something from support. I could see some bugs and fixes that might need to be updated. But to be completely un-usable right out of the box, even when trying to set it up without the LC upgrade is just a HUGE problem considering the money spent and the time waited.

• The support team will answer. Their response time it's not the best (for me was 48 hours between emails) but they will try their best to help you and probably they will ask you to return the pedals for replacement. On my case it was not possible (they asked me to return the pedals to give me a new set, but since the transport cost was more expensive then the pedals I decided don't go forward with the replacement) because I'm outside from Fanatec official selling zones, so I had to buy a new set and already arrived and don't have any issue.

In my opinion, the pedals batch that comes with the set don't have the have the same quality or production quality control as the wheel base or even the wheel (probably the main issues in the pedals is the connections or PCB board) and I don't think Fanatec have all the responsibilities, at least regarding the production quality control.

For what I know and for my experience the Chinese's are very good workers (when they want) and they hate to make mistakes or complains ( that's why when I make a purchase in Taobao and I have any issue they will try immediately to resolve it because they afraid and shame of bad reviews / feedback) but if they don't anyone supervising, can be a problem and since it's almost impossible for any foreign enter in China because of COVID rules, probably Fanatec don't have trusted people checking the production.

I understand your frustration, and I hope they can help you, but after the issues are solved you will enjoy your wheel.

• I have the same issue and they don’t respond

• Anyone tried to plug yr DD Pro into a pc to see if the problem still exists with the CSL pedals?

• having the same problem yes plug it in to my pc everything working apart from throttle will not WORK pissed off 😡😡

• edited March 2022

A mi tampoco me funciona el acelerador. Es muy difícil contactar con Fanatec, ya no se que hacer.

Que medio de comunicación habéis utilizado vosotros ?

• edited March 2022

Yes, I have used my PC multiple times to check for functionality. No signal coming from the clutch or gas pedal.

Both with LC upgrade and without.

Both with 5nm and 8nm power supply.

• it happened to me now, too. today the 14 days expire I almost return it

• edited March 2022

Returning is real consideration at this point unless something is done about it which would be a shame as when working its a great product.

Seems like fanatec support is ignoring the fact this is becoming a wider spread issue..

Still no presence on their own forum?

• From their own web site....

Quality: We service clients with very high expectations. Precisely for this reason, we’ve placed an extreme focus on creating faultless products. All products a put through a long process made up of a variety of tests including the use of machines, beta-testers, community-testers and test labs.

I guess we are the lucky "community-testers"!

• UPDATE:

Received a response email from fanatec support today, Saturday, April 2, 2022. I sent the original ticket through their website on Monday, March 28, 2022.

It seems I will need send the pedals back to them, just the 2 original CSL pedals, gas and brake I think. Although they said they will send RMA information and more details later. Hopefully doesn't take too long but I can see it taking a while.....In the meantime, I've purchased a Logitech G29 to just get me up and running. Obviously still very dissapointed that I (and many others on this forum), have to go through with all of this messing around when I thought I was purchasing a better quality-controlled product. I'm trying to stay zen through all of this, and hoping once everything is sorted the performance will be worth it.

Below is a copy of the email they sent me:

Hello Troy,

Thank you for contacting us. We are very sorry that you have this issue. The pedals need to be sent back to us for inspection, hence I’ll initiate the RMA for you and our office will inform you about the further procedure as soon as possible.

If anything is still unclear, do not hesitate to get back to me please.

Best regards / Freundliche Grüße

Fareed

(Fanatec Support Team)

• Nice, hopefully the replacement pedals won't be DOA. 🤞

Waiting on a response from Support to my email sent on Wednesday last week.

• edited April 2022

I just got my accelerator to work with the load cell setup. I am using the 8 Nm supply. Previously (only a few hours ago) after installing the pedals only the load cell braking was working with GT7, but the accelerator was not working.

I did the following things:

1.) When connecting to the wheel base I made sure to remove the cable that goes to the computer.

2.) I made sure my connections matched the wire labels (i.e. load cell wire end to load cell RJ45 port).

3.) I restarted my PC with the connections in place. Then after connecting to my PC (latest drivers are installed) tested both the load cell and the accelerator by pushing down on them. First I tested depressed the load cell pedal and on the Fanatac app (pedals screen) it was showing it depressing. Then I did the same for the accelerator pedal and it was also showing that it was depressing in the pedals screen. After that I switched back to PS5 mode and now when I press the accelerator pedal the car is accelerating. The load cell braking is also working.

• Your steps contradict themselves.

1, When connecting to the wheel base I made sure to remove the cable that goes to the computer.

Which connection did you remove? Wheel based (USB C ) to Computer?

3, I restarted my PC with the connections in place.

Which connection? USB C from wheel base or the USB A from the Load Cell?

Almost certain i have restarted my machine with the connection in place and it made zero difference but i am willing to try again, please let me know.

PS: Yet another day with no update from support.

• 1.) The cable from the load cell that goes to the computer (the one that you use to update the drivers for the load cell). The load cell should connect to the accelerator and the accelerator to the wheel base.

2.) Connection here refers to USB A (load cell) to PC. With this connection in place and the connection from acceleration pedal to the load cell via the RJ45 you need to restart the PC (during this time the Wheel Base Port on the load cell pedal should be disconnected). This way you can communicate with both the load cell and accelerator pedal when testing these pedals individually (by depressing the pedals). After I depressed the load cell and accelerator pedals separately and made sure they individually worked in the Fanatec driver GUI on the PC then I disconnected the load cell connection (USB A) to the PC and connected the cables per the diagrams below. Then switched to PS5 mode (blue light) and both pedals were functioning.

• edited April 2022

• Thanks for responding. Unfortunately that didn't help in my case :(

• edited April 2022

UPDATE:

Received the RMA and 2 FedEx return labels. They requested that I send the CSL pedal kit, which came with my GT DD Pro package, AND the LC pedal upgrade kit. Left them at FedEx drop off. Hopefully it really is just defective pedals, and will be using the G29 in the meantime.

So yes, if you're having this issue. Please take the time to submit your support ticket in detail and fanatec will get to you. Really hoping that the replacements will have zero issues.

Troy

• Hi Troy

I have just purchased the DD Pro (Premium pack) from Fanatec with LC pedal. Will be using it through my recently purchased Playstation 5 . I set everything up as per instructions, connected to computer from the wheelbase via the supplied USB for all firmware updates. Also checked that LC brake and accellerater worked on the PC control panel, which they did. Disconnected from PC and connected USB to Playstation. I loaded the driving game ACC and all seemed to be going well until the final screen where the car is on the grid waitng to drive off. The wheel functions were all working, including the shifters, but when I depressed the pedals nothing happened! I tried another driving game with the same result. As a test, I swopped out the LC pedal for the original brake pedal but got the same result.

I tried the fix Madhur suggested in this chat as it looked promising. Unfortunatly it didn't work. Pedals still dont work in the games. I am now desperate as I have paid out nearly £2,000 for my car sim setup but at the moment I can't use it. I have sent a help email to Fanated Support so lets hope they come up with a fix.

I am not that technically minded but It seems to me that there is some communication breakdown between the pedals and the wheel base when connected to Playstation and in a game. When you connect the USB cable to the PC with the pedals connected to the wheel base via the RJ12, they work OK. Its only when you connect to the Playstation via the same USB that a problem occurs. There are no faults on the playstation so could it be some software problem in the wheelbase itself? Just a thought!!

• Not saying this will work but it's worth a try. When connecting the whole setup to the PC, did you install the latest firmware? Your case seems different because you say that the pedals ARE working when plugged into PC but not PS5, which leads me to believe you are experiencing a different issue than those who either smelled electronic burn or lost their accelerator pedal completely. Please make sure your wheelbase is connected to the load cell pedal, the load cell pedal connected to the accelerator pedal, and the accelerator pedal to the old brake/clutch pedal. Then install the latest firmware and then connect the wheelbase to your PC through USB-C then make sure you update each piece of hardware accordingly in Fanatec Control Center.

I'm telling you this because I had an issue that fixed itself after I updated the firmware for each additional piece that arrived this way.