V2.5 Base and ClubSport Hub/Formula V3 Hub Losing FFB and/or Switching to Xbox mode

I have a long one that I keep thinking I have resolved and another thing keeps coming up. I'll try to keep this short.

I've been using the CS hub with the V2.5 base. Randomly, the hub would switch to Xbox mode causing me to lose all control over the wheel in iRacing and wreck. I could switch it right back and get back on the road. I updated drivers, reinstalled, tightened everything, and dealt with this for months. Finally, I set up an RMA but ordered the new Formula V3 wheel in the meantime.

It has worked great for two weeks with constant use and no issues. Now today, the FFB is cutting out, at the relatively same point of the track. This is before I really start to use much FFB at all as I'm normally not even into the turn yet. I also noticed when I slow it down it appears the wheel might be completely disconnecting for a very brief split second.

Now, I am questioning whether or not it is my hub and wheel and if its the base itself. Its just odd that I went weeks with no issue with the new wheel.

Any suggestions or similar experiences? I know I've seen a lot of them out there.

Comments