warning to potential buyers: no response to support ticket

I have been a loyal fanatec customer for several years spending over $5,000 on fanatec equipment.

Ten days ago I lodged a support ticket as my DD1 was bricked by a firmware update - it's 1 year old and within warranty. Aside from an automatic reply telling me I would be contacted within seven days I have heard nothing despite multiple follow up emails. I reached out by the phone hotline only to be told "Our operators are busy, please try fanatec.com".

This is unacceptable customer support.

Please be wary of dealing with this company and do some searches relating to customer support on the forum prior to handing over your hard earned money. It looks like I'm not the only one in this situation.

Comments

• edited April 2022

No idea why, but my Auto Generated emails are going to "All Mail" within Gmail. No other tab, never happened before, never used the tab before. Everything but the fanatec emails are in inbox.

Just in case someone else has been in my situation, hope a search has found this comment.

My issue is my LC pedals haven't arrived with the 3/3 total packages that have been sent, they are missing. So kinda useless at the moment.

This is my first time purchasing a Fanatec product. And i have to admit, the support avenues, although the few people involved im sure do their best given their tools, is incredibly poor.

I dont mind problems or errors or any waiting, but just having a hotline to give assurance would give me confidence. Kinda killed my buzz.

• I've dealt with that for years, good example of 'engineered to unusable'

Inbox is pretty useless to me, just an inconvienent email hiding device.

if you so much as hover over 'Inbox" items,..... Poof

All mail only way to find old mail.

GLWLC

• Fantec is horrible at responding and a very crappy company as far as a I can tell. Little to no customer support and putting out cheap, crappy components.

• I think it's just a case of a small operation overwhelmed by the success of there products.

With success should come expansion but I found that once they do respond they are quick with dealing with it.

• What was the best form of contact in your opinion? What phone number or email did you use when you needed assistance? I am asking because I am approaching week 5-6 on waiting for my DD Pro bundle.

The Bundle was ordered on April 1st and the website showed green "Available to Ship"

• edited April 2022

Use this number but you have to call between 2-4pm cet. Don’t wait for them to answer proactivity from your side is the way to make sure things get moving.

• Hotline service was turned off in order to "prioritize responding to your emails". Today I've been waiting a reply for 22 days since I opened my ticket and I don't have had the pleausure to receive concrete answer to my problem from Fanatec. My DD pro is parked useless since I was bought.