Podium Wheel Base RF interference? After Xbox Oct. '22 update

The only change to my system for the week of Oct. 2022 has been an auto XBOX update on 10/20/22. Everything worked great for months before XBOX pushed Oct. 2022's update.

FYI: I am running ALL the latest firmware drivers.

Symptoms since the Xbox update:

- Party Audio + Party Connectivity inexplicably fades out. Then Party group chat connection drops out. As soon as I shutdown my Podium Wheel Base the Xbox Party audio and connection works perfectly well.

- Hard reboots of Xbox + rebooting Podium Wheel Base did not resolve the problem.

- At 1st I was unable to login past Title screens on some games. Clearing the 'local Xbox storage' helped me enter a handful of games. But not a fix for the Wheel Base for racing.

- Extremely long load times past Title screens in most games especially F1 and Call of Duty games (3-5 minutes). Turn off Wheel base.....games load instantly.

Since the Xbox update I can't have the Podium Wheel Base ON while playing other games that do not use the wheel. It has to remain OFF.

- After waiting patiently for games to load beyond Title screens in F1 the car is not drivable.

But if I turn-OFF my Podium Wheel Base after the Oct. '22 XBOX update and use my Elite Series II controller instead of my Formula wheel....I am able to race just great. Smh.

- ALL buttons on my Formula steering wheel have massive response time delays while base is on.

It appears that there's a need for a NEW firmware update by Fanatec to solve this issue since XBOX Oct. 2022 update.

Help!

Comments

• "It appears that there's a need for a NEW firmware update by Fanatec to solve this issue since XBOX Oct. 2022 update."

Why should Fanatec need to fix something which Microsoft broke?! Its the other way around so it appears that there's need for a NEW Xbox Hotfix update by Microsoft to solve this issue which was introduced by the XBOX Oct. 2022 update.

• edited October 2022

I totally agree. My thoughts were in reverse mode. I get what you are saying. Microsoft's latest update should be patched by Microsoft developers. I just thought if MS made changes; any "peripherals" gadgets/accessories that are attached to their console may need to send out their own patches to match features on the console. No?

Just trying to find leads to a solution and dialog.

Thanks

• I have a similar csl elite

Terrible delays and you can not drive. Only assetto corsa somehow gives advice. Acc I also have problems. Tragedy in general because I have league racing in F1 22 and the steering wheel does not get along with the game or with the xbox. What to do?

• CSL DD here with the exact same issues. Tried F1 22 & F1 2021 with the same result. Turn off the DD, use a controller & everything runs as normal.

As has already been mentioned it must be the October 22 Xbox update since I was driving fine yesterday before that patch was applied.

Very frustrating.

• Exactly so, many people on different forums have a similar problem and it turns out that it is Microsoft's fault, they broke something and now the question of who will fix it. On Sundays I have a league race in F1 22 and it's not good if it doesn't work. Grief.

• Microsoft Help suggested a hard reset of the console to me.

We'll see if that helps.

• Resetting the console did not help. Tragedy.

• Marcel PfisterMarcel Pfister Member, Administrator
    edited October 2022

Can the ones which have the problem be a bit more specific about their hardware/software situation please:

• Which Wheel Base?
    • Which Steering Wheel?
    • Which Firmware versions?
    • Which Xbox Console?

I did a quick test with a CSL DD and an up to date Xbox Series X but games are loading and running fine and the base is also working normally.

In case you are not on the latest driver/firmware, please update and check if its making a difference.

If I know more about the issue and how to reproduce it I can contact Microsoft to hopefully get it solved soon.

• With me:

Xbox one

Fanatec csl elite

Steering wheel v2

Steering wheel controllers 447

Console after reset

The situation appears in the game F1 22, the game with the steering wheel on charges terribly long, after loading in the game menu is ok, the buttons on the steering wheel work correctly but after leaving the track just slightly turn the ice hearts or add a little gas and the steering wheel hangs, you can not do anything but turn off the steering wheel or the xbox button to exit to the main menu of the console.

In the game assetto corsa everything ok, and in the game assetto corsa competizione only on the track does not work at all accelerator pedals and the steering wheel does not turn.

• In my case:

Xbox One X

CSL DD + boost kit

CSL Elite GT3 v2

Clubsport pedals v3

Firmware v447

Tried F1 22 and F1 2021 with similar results. 

Menu screens take minutes to load, button presses can take minutes to activate. I’ve been able to get to controller config for both and can see inputs (both wheel & pedals) are registering but do not work at all for me in game. Only way to exit game mode is to turn off the wheel base and use a controller - inputs then go back to normal.

• edited October 2022

Issue got now reproduced, however if you google for the issue you will see that for example Logitech Users also reporting the very same issue since some days or weeks so it's indeed a general issue of the new October 2022 update (interesting to note is that it seems to only affect Xbox One and not Xbox Series) which Microsoft now needs to fix with an upcoming new Update, nothing Fanatec (or Logitech) can or need to fix.

• Arthur LArthur L Member
    edited October 2022

Hi Marcel,

Exactly the same for me since update of Oct 21st: minutes to load games, button presses with unbelievable lag, unable to drive, brake or accelerate in games.

Xbox One X + Podium DD2 + Formula V2.5 X + ClubSport Pedals V3 inverted + Firmwares up to date (v447 on base)

Unable to use my Fanatec in any game : F1 2021, Forza Horizon 5, The Crew 2. It was working perfect BEFORE this Xbox auto update. As soon as I switch off the base, and use a wireless Microsoft controller, all issues disappear. If I switch it on, all issues reappear after a few tenth of a second.

This is just a pity to see this kind of bugs, very disappointing. This is already unbelievable to see that rev LEDS and other great wheel features are not working on Xbox, but with such bugs it is now a nightmare!!!! What is Microsoft doing???!!

• Hi Marcel,

like the others said before ... the same problem since saturday (two days ago... didn't play on 21st of october so i can't tell when it started exactly) I only checked F1 22 and stopped after 2h of endless loading sequences. In the menu i see the Controller settings in the game as well as the "feedback" from my steering wheel and pedals, but with a massive lag between input and response.

Now I'm sitting here with my advanced, not that cheap and now useless equipment and can't play any more, till the next update(s)... Honestly, I don't care who fixes this bug (Microsoft or Fanatec) It's just disappointing!

Grüße aus dem Süden

Dennis

• Hi Marcel,

Let me try this again (original response was deleted)

We really appreciate your fast response and possibility to work with Microsoft support to resolve our issues. And for the thousands of gamers that are currently frustrated and demand an immediate resolution after purchasing expensive gear....we graciously thank your efforts in the matter.

[Can the ones which have the problem be a bit more specific about their hardware/software situation please:]

• Which Wheel Base?

Podium Wheel Base DD1

• Which Steering Wheel?

Podium Steering Wheel Formula V2.5x

• Which Firmware versions?

PC Driver Version: 447

Podium Wheel Base DD1 Motor Firmware: 3.0.0.2

Podium Wheel Base DD1 Firmware: 3.0.0.6

ClubSport Steering Wheel Formula V2.5x Firmware: 45

Wireless Quick Release Firmware: 6

• Which Xbox Console?

Xbox One S (model 1681)

As was mentioned above by Maurice B. and on the MS Forum thread link; the common denominator appears to be peripherals attached to an Xbox One/Xbox One S console after the Oct. 20th 2022 MS Xbox update.

Thanks for the additional feedback, I was able to reproduce the issue with Xbox One and Xbox One S and now contacted Microsoft with the gathered information. They were thankful about the info and will look into it.

• Hi Marcel,

Thanks for the support. We all hope that it will be fixed very shortly, it is frustrating to see that Xbox updates are not tested properly before being released as they cannot be reverted. Is it possible for you to inform us when Xbox has a working fix? Thanks

• Same issue since October 21st.

Xbox one

DD1 - FW 689

Wheel- Formula V2.5

Does anyone know if this happens with newer versions of the Xbox console? Just Curious.

• Only happening with Xbox One it seems, no issue on Series consoles.

• Hi Marcel,

Any news from Xbox please? It is very frustrating not being able to play any game for a whole week due to this bug they introduced with their update.

Thanks

They are currently working on a fix with high priority but can't say yet when they will be able to release it. They will try to do it as soon as possible tough.

• Fed up with waiting I decided to try the Insiders fix and am happy to say it’s worked for me. F1 22 with my CSL DD is back to normal.

Simply downloaded the Xbox Insider Hub app from the store, register for system betas, then force a version check - the beta is a quick install.

I plan to leave the beta group once the main update is out

• Thanks for this info, Rob...I'm sure it will be helpful to many!

• Hi and thanks Rob, the update available with Insiders works perfectly. Enjoy a great week-end!

• edited November 2022

Downloading the [Xbox Insider Hub] app from the Xbox Store solved 99.9% of issues. After waiting for the install to complete, and after the system rebooted. I successfully logged into F1 2022 better.w/ TOTAL wheel control. Woohoo!

I experienced two in-game failures (F1 game closed and went to Xbox Home screen) and I had one communication issue with Party chats - it failed once and wouldn't allow me to re-enter party invites. Before the party chat failed my in-game audio started to crackle several minutes later first entering chat. After a cold reboot of console all issues went away for the night.

Slow game login went away for the most part, still a slight delay loading data from F1 servers...less than 1 minute.

Overall I and others can use our rigs again. Sweeeeet.

Will do a 2nd night of testing.

I've got info from Microsoft that the update should now also be available to everyone, also when not using the insider program. For this you need to force an update via the system settings.