(Soft Lock for the CSL DD) Fanatec Control Panel

I can't accept that a Chinese brand like Alpha Mini has a more advanced panel and firmware settings than Fanatec's.

We need a soft lock setting. We can't drift having 1080 steering lock and bouncing the wheel so hard!

Come on Fanatec it's not that hard to add it.

Comments

• edited October 2022

Feature is being looked into and it is on the list of features to be added in the future.

Dont know how you can judge that it's not hard to implement though?! Because it actually is.... Therefore it takes time.

• Maurice, it's been almost 4 years since the first dd wheel released by Fanatec...

On the other hand, alpha mini came with this option from the beggining.

I don't know how hard it is to implement it, but it's a must for every dd wheel.

I really hope that we will see this "Soft Lock" option really soon...

• edited October 2022

As said, it's noted that there is a demand for this feature so it's on the list for the future but you wont see it "really soon" as its not that easy to implement as you might think and there are zero ressources available for something big like this.

Priorities are on fixing the remaining DD bugs (like the steering input jump issue, the DPR issues, the NFR issues and the FFB not being canceled in menus) first because ressources atm are just VERY limited.

Only once those issues got fixed (which wont be this year anymore most likely) then ressources might be available to look into such a feature in the future.

• Upgrading from a CSL Elite and finding this weird situation where a theoretically better wheel base has such a big issue is... sad. I don't know what goes on at Fanatec but guys, you have weird issues for one of the biggest sim gear manufacturers. Please, the soft lock is overdue, for anyone who has ever driven a real car it doesn't make any sense to not have a steering lock, this should've been there since the beggining. This is not the first direct drive wheel you've done. It really has no excuse.

• I can't agree more with u Guillermo.

But the most worrying is the phrase that Maurice wrote. "there are zero resources available for something big like this".

I can't believe that Fanatec (the Mercedes of all wheel manufacturers), doesn't have the resources for something that it should have been there from the very beggining.

It's disappointing...