CSL DD (5nm) temporary loss (2-3secs) of FFB (Iracing)

Hello,

so this issue has been present since around 4-5 months, however at first it occurred very rarely - 1-2times/month, but now its almost daily, when using the WB for about 2-3 hours.

The wheelbase just loses force feedback (becomes light without no resistance) and then regains it after a couple of secs. During this time I am basically left on my own to act according to muscle memory or vision. Thank god, so far nothing bad has happened either to mine or someone elses race, however chances are still there.

Is this issue known? Would software help? Its definetely not the clamp, which is perfectly in place and the WB has already had repairs under warranty done to it, so I am aware of the clamp issues.

Telemetry, replay video available.

Attached is the latest incident, at Nords start of GP Exit to Nords. The red line is my reaction to the sudden loss in resistance, basically over-rotating the wheel cause of the excess force when there´s no FFB.

Fanatec Settings: SEN 1080, FFB 100, PEAK, NDP 15, NFR 0, NFR+NIN off, INT 6, FEI 100. Driver 447, WB 1.1.7.6, WBM 1.0.2.2, SW 45, WQR 6.0.0.2

iR settings: FF 0.00, Strength 12, Wheel force 5, Damping + Min force 0.

Wheelbase has been sent to Fanatec once, where the wireless IR connector and USB cables were replaced, fixing the sudden disconnect issue.

Comments

• So it happened again today, in iR with TCR at Nords Schwalbenschwanz corner. Just when I was relying on the stiffness of the wheel commiting to the left corner, the FFB shortly disappeared resulting in me overrotating the wheel and inducing understeer which made me head to the gravel and get a 1x in Quali.

Current firmware (all up to date according to the panel):

WB Motor 1032

WB Firmware 1185

Mclaren 46

QR 6002

Sadly no one has offered any help nor has Fanatec reacted to this thread.