Podium Hub is not detected by DD1 wheelbase

2»

Comments

• Thanks Maurice for the insight and knowledge you help share.

I got a support ticket created already so I'll just wait and work through it with them.

• Hey Kyle,

I have the exact same issue and it’s happening to my new DD2 I’ve owned for around 1 week! Not to mention I’ve got the new QR2 installed on DD2 base side and QR2 on both my formula v2.5 and my clubsport universal hub v2. My formula 2.5 works fine but my clubsport wheel base cannot be recognised. I try and flash firmware when instructed like you mentioned and the DD2 crashes and screen goes black. Then the same firmware screen will pop up again. If I use my QR1 base and install on wheels again then both wheels will work. I should have just stuck with my GT DD because never had a drama with it, I’m just so over it as I’ve spent a bucket load of money and can’t even get any proper advice from Tom at Fanatec. Maybe I made the wrong decision. Hope somewhere here can help

• Maurice, you seem like you have advice

• Good Morning Maurice, Looking for some help or advise.

I RMA'd my DD1 base and wheels to fanatec support and repair. They did find a problem with the base i do believe and replaced a part (QR V4 assembly) and shipped the base back. When I got the base back it was working great for about 3 uses and then the same problems started happening where at first I lost the ability to shift the car, then the flash firmware update screen come up and the base/wheels get stuck in a flash firmware cycle that just wont take....

This is the same problem that was happening that required the first RMA a couple weeks ago. I took the base and wheels into 3 separate computers, both at home, at work, and a buddies computer that also has fanatec equipment and no matter what computer we hook the base up to we can't get the base/hub/wheels to connect....

I have some videos of whats going on but are to long and big to post here...

I have reopened a support ticket with fanatec but was wondering if you had any knowledge or advise on what possibly went wrong, why its the same no matter what wheel I use or what computer I hook it up too? What did the originally replace? Why did it work for a couple times? anything I can do or try"

I have done all these steps below from the fanatec support team multiple times and still having the same problem.

Thanks for your time,

1. Detach the quick release hub and re-connect the wheel base main cable. In the PODIUM DD manual on page 14 and 15, you will find the steps showing how to perform the operation:

https://FANATEC.com/media/pdf/01/7c/1b/P-WB-DD1-Manual-EN_web.pdf

2. Inspect the screws located in and around the connection pins of the steering wheel, and make sure all of the screws are hand-tightened.

To do so, you will need two Allen keys: A 3 mm, and a 2 mm for the center screw. On the attached photo you will be able to see the screws in question, along with the maximum torque that should be applied to the screws.

3. Check for any pending Windows Updates. These should also be performed if available.

4. Make sure to have connected your wheel base directly to a Windows PC via a USB connection cable. Do not use a USB hub or a USB extension cable, in order to prevent any issues. We always recommend plugging the device directly to one of the USB ports located on your PC's motherboard!

5. Make sure to have any antivirus program(s) disabled before installing the latest FANATEC Driver Package.

6. You can install the latest FANATEC Driver Package by following the link below:

https://FANATEC.com/eu-en/driver

7. Open the Firmware Update Manager by clicking on the update tab in the FANATEC Control Panel, and perform all of the available firmware updates.

Once you have performed the steps listed above, open the FANATEC Control Panel, and verify the proper functionality of your device(s). We also suggest double-checking in game."

"Thanks for your response and for providing media files. I'm afraid our technician will have to take a closer look. Before we start an RMA, I would ask you to try the following:

In order to cross out an issue on the software side, we recommend performing the following:

1. Remove the steering wheel.

2. Check for any pending Windows Updates. These should also be performed if available.

3. Make sure to have connected your wheel base directly to a Windows PC via a USB connection cable. Do not use a USB hub or a USB extension cable, in order to prevent any issues. We always recommend plugging the device directly to one of the USB ports located on your PC's motherboard!

4. Reset your PODIUM DD by following the guide in the link below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AnNCC2Mh3NE

5. Make sure to have any antivirus program(s) disabled before installing the latest FANATEC Driver Package.

6. You can install the latest FANATEC Driver Package by following the link below:

https://FANATEC.com/eu-en/driver

7. Open the Firmware Update Manager by clicking on the update tab in the FANATEC Control Panel, and perform all of the available firmware updates.

Once you have performed the steps listed above, open the FANATEC Control Panel, and verify the proper functionality of your device(s)."

• Anyone have any advise of somethings I can try?

• Hi,

I am stuck in a fw update too with Podium hub. Base DD1

Video here https://www.facebook.com/reel/1759647167812477

driver is 254

wb 3.0.3.6

Motor 3.0.0.2

WQR 7

I have another podium hub working fine on the same base and the faulty hub do no work also on a csw 2.5 running 2.51 drivers

It used to run fine 2 days ago, and stop with no reasons

I have other problems with the base with PEM regulary loosing connection.

Read the whole internet without finding the solution and nearly ordered an competitor bundle this afternoon but money is tight atm.

Any idea ?