Intermittently Podium F1 wheel doesn’t work and high torque cannot be activated

edited April 2023 in Steering Wheels

Hi Community,

I bought Fanatec Podium Racing Wheel F1 back in November 2022. The ffb quality of the wheelbase has been excellent; however a torque key message and non-activity of my wheel have been a recurring issue that doesn’t seem to resolve even after latest driver update. After I got the wheel, the driver was initially updated to 447 and all the firmwares were accordingly updated as driver suggested. However, after 5-6 wheelbase normal start, suddenly my blue Formula F1 V2 wheel does not work and all buttons (including rotaries, shifters, clutch pedals etc) does not respond to clicking. As a result, I could not accept high torque key message. The only way to resolve this issue was rebooting the wheelbase. However, after 5-6 normal operating behavior, the non-responsivity of my F1 wheel will again come back.

Somewhere on the internet, I read its a Formula Wheel V2/V2.5 issue and it should resolve itself after new driver updated. Hence, I was waiting for driver 450. I recently updated to 450, however the issue still does not go away and my wheel becomes unresponsive after 5-6 starts. I can confirm there are broken or bent pins that may cause this issue

Here is my current driver 450 details according to Fanatec Control Panel:

Wheelbase: 3.0.1.4

Wheelbase Motor: 3.0.0.2

Steering Wheel: 46

Wireless QR: 6

Therefore, could you please advise how can I resolve this issue? Is it a Formula F1 wheel issue? Or my Podium (DD1) needs to be repaired?

Comments

• edited April 2023

You cant resolve it. It's a known issue, however still unknown why it's happening every now and then so no ETA for a fix but for sure nothing needs to be repaired.

It's a rather low prio issue though as it doesn't affect the general usability of the base because the issue only happens directly after base boot and can easily be fixed within 5 seconds by just turning the base off and on again.