BMW M4 GT3 Wheel lights

Hello,

I notice inconsistencies in the colours of the leds on my steering wheel.

If I set a yellow on fanalab, it materializes more in green/yellow tones.

Is this a calibration problem? because I can get a yellow by going to a setting that is far from yellow.

Also, I notice that the illumination of the rotary knobs is quite weak.

Comments

• edited April 2023

That's normal. The colors are indeed not 100% accurate.

This is known and planned to be adjusted sometime in the future. In the meanwhile you need to adjust the colors manually with the RGB sliders to get the accurate color tone.

• Thank you Maurice.

I have had my DD2 for several years, but I had never used fanalab before. I am discovering the possibilities of the software and since a few days, I use your profiles for ACC, rF2 and iR. Thank you for your work. In a way, I am rediscovering my equipment.

Do you know if it is or will be possible with the leds to have effects such as flashing or alternating between several colours (I'm thinking in particular of a pit limiter)?

Finally, do you know if fanalab will integrate one day the possibility to edit the profiles (without having to modify in xml), typically to be able to adjust some values, like the colours of the leds.

• You can already edit every profile directly in FanaLab, there is no need to edit xml files?!

Alternating LEDs are planned also for sometime in the future, yes

• well, I still have to perfect my use of fanalab. When I tried to modify the settings of a profile, I lost a whole part of it when I saved it (everything concerning the leds in particular) 😅

I must have made a mistake. I will try again this weekend.

Great for the alternate LEDs, I'm eager to explore more the possibilities of my hardware.

Can you tell me if on your wheel, you also notice the weakness of the backlighting of the rotary buttons?

• Yes, the EL-Films of the MPS are indeed not very bright.

• Unfortunately, I think this is a hardware problem and no software update. This lighting will remain dim. I love my steering wheel, this would have been a point of improvement in my opinion.

• Geordie PughGeordie Pugh Member
    edited May 2023

Is it possible to add the ability to flash the LEDs? I think the pit lane/limit and flag lights would work better flashing.