CSL WRC Wheel; d-pad + some buttons not working (Xbox Series X)

Hello,

I bought all my Fanatec hardware new a weeks ago. I chose to buy the CSL WRC wheel rim pre-owned on eBay. I am having trouble with this wheel rim.  I have manually flashed all current firmware using Fanatec's firmware tool via a Windows PC. All wheel functions work perfectly when connected to the Fanatec Control Panel. The problem starts shortly after I connect the CSL DD to an Xbox Series X.  The wheel works fine for a few minutes, yet ultimately reverts to a state in which the d-pad and most buttons stop working. The problem persists on all games and the Xbox system GUI. I need to know if this is a broken wheel rim that I should attempt to return to the person who sold it to me on eBay. Thank you.

Comments

• Xbox does not support inputs such as LSB or RSB on Fanatec wheels. Additionally, buttons on the wheel for LT and RT will typically perform as brake and throttle, respectively, and can't be reassigned in-game. The d-pad of your WRC wheel should function normally, the only thing that I suspect may not work in Xbox mode is the push-button functionality of the stick.

If the d-pad itself isn't working, or other buttons like ABXY, first off, make sure your base is in Xbox (green) mode. If it is, and things still aren't functioning properly, check to see if perhaps your wheel has pulled slightly out of your base, and is no longer making a proper connection:

If that doesn't work, then it's likely you have a faulty product and should consider either returning it or consulting Fanatec support to inquire about repairs.

• Okay. Thank you. I appreciate all this info.