WRC wheel - play in the QR - fixable?

Hi - i have the Fanatec WRC wheel - it has the plastic spinny QR (i think this is called QR lite?) fixing.

Recently, it has developed play/ movement in the wheel when in use. Steering wheel shifts a little in the hands while driving - it is quite annoying.

I took it off and checked all the allen bolts were tight, but there is still movement between the QR part that you tun to lock onto the wheel and the fixed plastic shaft that it turns around. There is no obvious way to fix or tighten this up.

Can anyone let me know if they have fixed this? or if this is not fixable can i purchase just the QR part - the rest of the wheel is perfectly fine.

Thanks for help in advance. C

Comments

• Unfortunately the QR Lite is a bit crap, both of mine slipped. You can temporarily fix it buy putting a couple of layers of electrical tape along the groove in the shaft. In the end I bought the QR1.

• or wait QR2 if ever will come

• So i can buy the QR1 and fit it to the WRC wheel myself? The older QR that i have on my CSL elite F1 wheel is way better - does feel like the QR lite was a real cheap out....

• I've read that the QR1 isn't much better and they've been talking QR2 for as long as I've have my CSL-DD/McLaren GT3 V2 wheel. The tape hack defintely works: I've tried various types of tape and settled on 3M Gaffer's tape. Be sure the tape doesn't cover the end of the shaft as the QR Lite seats on the end of the shaft. The tape still needs to be replaced after a few hours of use.

Another thing you can do -- I'm testing this now myself -- is remove the limiting ring at the bottom of the collar which will allow you to tighten the collar more than the 225 degrees or so. You can get a good 270 without the ring and the collar seems to stay put better.

The left grip of my McLaren GT3 V2 rim actually broke off and I ordered a new wheel and QR Lite. The new QR Lite didn't tighten up at all...it just hit the stop, so I used my old one. Poor quality control. Now I'm using the new one with the limit ring removed and it seems OK.

The ring is attached with three tiny screws; remove those and pry ("prise" in the UK) the ring up and out, then you can remove the locking collar. Watch out for the ball bearing which will fall out. Put it back together without the little ring and see if that doesn't help.

I'm sure I've voided any warranty, but Support doesn't respond about my broken wheel anyway...

• Both my WRC wheel and Mclaren GT3 wheel slip, each with their own QR1 Lite. I reached out to Fanatec support and they sent me 2 new QR1 Lites; they both slip too. I'm considering buying a QR1 to try but at 100 bucks a go it's a lot to pay to fix an even more expensive set of equipment. Overall not very happy with Fanatec build quality.