CSL DD not starting or Recognised by PC or Fanatec UI

Hi all, just took delivery of my first ever fanatec base. Mount it to my frame and get it wired up. Go to turn it on and the motor goes to turn on then stops within a second. Yellow light followed by red and then nothing. Driver version 451. Pedals are detected fine by USB.

help?

Comments

• Jess BoernerJess Boerner Member
    edited June 2023

451 has apparently bricked my CSL DD. The modes exist but the PC does not recognize the wheel no matter what. Ironically my PC does recognize the Playstation modes, but you can't do anything beyond that. I have restarted a thousand times, installed driver versions 447-451 multiple times, restarted the wheel a ton. Nothing.

Customer for only a year, quickly moving somewhere else if this continues.

• I bought my first computer 41 years ago. I therefore have some experience in computer science and technology. Flashing firmware is one of the most dangerous things to do.

In 41 years I have only flashed the firmware once, only because I needed a feature that was missing in the old firmware, at my own risk, the manufacturer's warranty was voided.

With Fanatec it seems normal, every time they release a new driver, you also need to flash the new firmware. Actually other companies only release the new drivers, the release of a new firmware is a one off event, and it's optional, the new drivers will work even with older firmware. Only Fanatec has to correct the internal software of its devices each time. And everyone's upgrading every time, which is like fixing something that's not broken. If you keep fixing something that isn't broken, eventually you break it.

• I sent what worked for me to Andre Medeiros check it out.