Fanatec DD1 not recognized by Fanatec Control panel

Hi Everyone, I am facing a problem with my DD1, does anyone here ever faced the same problems/could point me to any solution?

I believe it is a firmware version mismatch. I read on the forum and on Reddit about similar problems, but none of the proposed solutions helped me.

Problem description

I updated to driver version 451 on 02.07.2023 and spent the day playing F12023 via Steam on my PC. Everything worked fine.

Today, when I turned on the computer to play, the DD1 was not recognized by the Fanatec Control Panel and Fanalab software. I have the "No Fanatec Device Found" error page.

I tried on both PC and PC compatibility modes, and both are not recognized. I tried the wheel on another PC, with a fresh installation of the driver 451, and got the same error.

I tried the wheel on an Xbox Series X, with the Xbox compatibility mode active, and the wheel worked great.

All the LEDs seem to work, and I can access the tune menu completely normally. The wheel gives me a message when I plug/unplug the wheel from the PC - it also shows me the USB connection symbol.

Current firmware versions

Base fw: 3.0.1

Motor fw: 3.0.0

Steering wheel fw (F1 wheel V2): 46

I have tried

1) Use the Driver repair button on the Fanatec control panel. Did not work, I got the same message.

2) Downloaded the driver 451 again, and repair it. Did not work, I got the same error message.

3) Uninstall and re-install driver 451. Did not work, I got the same error message.

4) Uninstall driver 451, and install driver 450. Did not work, I got the same error message.

5) Same when trying drivers: 447 and 443.

6) I tried to re-flash the dd1 using the "hold 8s the power on the button" when using the drivers 451, 450, 447, and 443. On all of them, I got stuck on the " click connect button" error message.

7) I tried all the above while changing the USB port on my PC, using both USB 2.0 and USB 3.0 ports.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• I think that im having the same problem, Fanalab and control panel is not finding my wheel. ive tried prety much everything you have tried and had no luck also.

• That is too bad :/

I opened a ticket with Fanatec support, and at the first contact, they asked me to do the same things I already did (uninstall drivers, try the bootloader mode, etc...). It did not work. I updated them, and now I am waiting for the next steps.

It is really a bummer, I have had the wheel since 2019, and I never had any problem with it :/ I hope I can solve it, I was really happy with it.

• This litteraly just happened to me now and I'm searching for a fix. This is not the news that I was looking for. I'm in the process of updating all my drivers on everything. I'll have to put in another ticket with support as well, what a bummer. I hope there's an easy fix to this.

• I have the same problem

• anybody found a fix?

• I have the same problem but on my csl DD (8 nm), did anybody have a fix?

• Roy BoschRoy Bosch Member
    edited September 2023

I have the same problem with my CSL DD, but I found a "fix". Uninstall all drivers, but before reinstalling, first go to the windows settings -> Bluetooth and devices -> Devices, there you should see the fanatec wheel somewhere. Delete that device.

Then you can reinstall the driver. In my case, the wheelbase was found again. Today I'm facing the same problem again, so it isn't really a persistent fix, but it does work for me everytime.

I'm going to try to go back to driver 450 as that one was stable.

• A little update from my side. After deleting driver 451 and the fanatec wheel from windows devices as mentioned in my previous post, I installed driver 450. Wheelbase got detected immediately, so that's a stable fix for me. I hope this problem will be fixed in 452.

• This might be kind of late but here it is anyway. If the wheel base is not connected to the right USB it will not be recognized. It did happened to me. It has to be connected to a blue USB. I had it on a different USB colour and it did not work. I hope this can help !