CSL pre-loads firmware update but won't install. Stuck in bootloader mode (flashing blue).

Was losing input in game for roughly a second every 5 minutes. Had the product for one day and hadn't updated anything so I figured a software/firmware update would fix things. Performed an automatic (suggested) firmware update and it hung mid update and closed. I did not turn off the base at the time. Tried to reinstall the firmware updates again. It seems like the base does not want to take the firmware update now. I connect it to the PC, it is recognized by my OS AND the fanatec software as the firmware update screen comes up (It does not show that it is detected in fanalab or fanatec control panel). Firmware updater states that a base is connected in the logs, preloads firmware version 1.8.5 I believe. When I click flash firmware to put the firmware on the base, the updater states that there is no base detected and throws an error. CSL DD is only able to go into bootloader mode (rapid flashing blue light). Attempted using an old driver and just about everything I saw on the forums. Very disappointed as it was fun to use when it worked intermittently before it kept disconnecting mid game. Apparently this is a current issue already with the quick release as you guys have stated in one of the support drop downs however now it has turned into a big issue. I just want to race after spending this kind of money whether its through support from you guys or an RMA. Thanks! Attached is a zipped log folder.

Put in a support ticket a few days ago (and another one now) as I did not receive confirmation of it or see the green banner that comes up that people mention is hard to see. Only used the thing before a day before all this happened and I just want to race after this investment. Are there any fanatec mods/admins that can ensure my support ticket has gone through? Any members having this same issue and found a fix? I've exhausted every option from fanatec and forum posts (even by those who have the exact same issue). Thanks!

Comments

• I received my Csl DD a few weeks ago and I experienced the same issue but I found a fix so try this:-

Disconnect the power line from the back of the base...wait about 15 seconds...plug it back in....now hold the power button for about 15 seconds.

This should start the bootloader mode....the base will be flashing blue....flash your firmware.

If it does not work the first time just keep trying until it does work.

Took me about 3 tries...please let us know if it works.