GT7 - What high end Fanatec setup better than Logitech PRO is compatible with PS5?

Sergio HickeySergio Hickey Member
edited August 2023 in Gran Turismo

I'm playing GT7 on PS5 and PSVR2. I'm building a sim rig from scratch. What higher end steering wheel base, wheel, pedals, and shifter are compatible with the PS5? I can't seem to find anything that is better than the Logitech PRO racing wheel. Any thoughts? I'll mostly be playing GT7 and F1 titles. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• The (discontinued) Podium Racing Wheel F1 Bundle.

• Lol, so good they decided to no longer sell it. Welcome to Fanatec logic.

• ?

The Podium Racing Wheel F1 Bundle IS better than the Logitech PRO racing wheel, which is what the OP asked.

• Maurice - it is discontinued. But thanks for illustrating my point about the lack of logic, appreciated!

• edited August 2023

Gary - he can still buy it used to get a better wheel than the Logitech PRO racing wheel. He didn't asked for products available as "new" on the market, he just asked for "what is better" and the P RW F1 IS better.

• Okay, good advice, thank you. I may look for a used one. In case I want to purchase new hardware, does Fanatec currently offer anything better than the Logitech PRO? What about Thrustmaster?

• I like the way people are saying Logitech is better than Fanatec, is that because of the extra Nm over the CSL DD/ DD Pro or the trueforce? Asking because someone on GTPlanet switched to a DD Pro from the Logi G Pro because of 2 faulty units. I asked him how they compare performance wise and he said this...

"I prefer the Fanatec - there are more settings to tweak the FFB to taste. Trueforce was nice on the Logi but I had it turned down low as it took away the true FFB feeling - I don't feel I am missing out on anything with the Fanatec and for some reason I get more FFB detail / fidelity on the GT DD Pro. I also prefer the V2 pedals over the Logi Pro pedals - especially the braking, I am more precise and have better control with the V2.

The other good thing for Fanatec is the steering wheels - I love the McL GT3 and CS RS - QR could be improved though but not had any issues thus far as they both have the metal QR1 and I use the screw to secure. I also find the steering is more precise on my Fanatec - even with the 320mm CS RS rim."