Steering wheel keeps disconnecting

Hi my sd pro wheel base and WRC wheel keeps disconnecting any solution

playing WRC generations

Comments

• That should be dd pro

• That’s not the problem now all sort of weird stuff is happening no gear change then no throttle

just unbelievable played literally four time’s totalling under an one hour I am seriously pissed off

• In the meantime, try changing the game because WRC Gen is a joke, even I can't get the steering wheel and gearbox to work on that game anymore.

Then if the disconnections continue, it could be an EMI problem. You can do a search on how to fix it. This mostly happens when you mount the Wheelbase on a cockpit or metal stand.

• Unfortunately only have the one game lol

• you could try add your console device power cord opposite inside socket, if there is somesort leakage it could cause this so called EMI

• I have absolutely no idea what you mean sorry

• Ok will try

• if you have something like this in home , add your console power cord opposite inside there and try again, i not guarantee if it fix or not, but sometimes devises have voltage leakage what could cause some issues

• Gregg DomainGregg Domain Member
    edited October 2023

Not sure what platform you're on, but on PC, you can download Raceroom for free, just to have something else to test.

• I am finally at my wits end I thought it was working ok but now it’s not can’t get the shifter to work nor the paddles any one in the uk want to buy a complete sim set up just fed up with this whole system payed well over £1000 for something that just doesn’t work!!!!

lost interest in it there just isn’t much info out there on how to set it up in idiots terms I am no computer whiz kid unfortunately

• Allan LehtlaAllan Lehtla Member
    edited October 2023

well, maybe its try also some other game because if its a game fault, you really cant todo nothing.

i also read somewhere that they not even have license, so if there is a game bug, they are not even able fix that anymore

i also want keep in mind that if there is a issue with your device you have also warranty by default the 2 years

• Just fed up with it all waited 2 months for it to arrive and now nothing but problems worked fine for the first couple of times now it’s just a nightmare. Unfortunately don’t have any other games as just interested in WRC

• is there way completely uninstall this game with settings and try again? if it still does even after that, you may have the faulty device

• But did you remove Hub like in the video? Because it seems like you only performed a visual check. So far, removing and putting the Hub back in the right position has worked for almost all cases of disconnection.

• Allan LehtlaAllan Lehtla Member
    edited October 2023

yes , this indeed could help, because we are talking here about the metal contacts between connector, if contact have moisture or something like this, only by plug out and in could already help.

in fact something like this happened with my sf1000 steering wheel, so i needed clean the contacts for make it work again

• Done that and no better I have a feeling it’s the game not the hardware

• I haven't had experience with consoles for years, but demo versions of games no longer exist?

• i bought gt7 and lo and behold it all works fine .

I presume WRC generations on fanatec is just impossible on ps5 just can’t get it to work no gear change and steering wheel keeps disconnecting!!!!!!!!!!

• like i told already WRC game developers not even have license anymore, they can't fix issues anymore what still happens with that game

• A rip of then we’ll lesson learned any one want to by a sim set up

• It’s the only one I have lol

• It's not the game mate, and it's not you losing your mind, it's the Fanatec wheel base. I have issues where my shifter paddles stop working then a few seconds later the whole thing stops working. I've tried multiple games, multiple wheels, and different power cables plugged into different locations. I've done all the trouble shooting you can. Yes firmware up to date, tried loosening the bolt to push the stem back in the wheel base, re tightened, none of that worked. Still happens. My warranty runs out in 2 weeks and it's IMPOSSIBLE to get a hold of Fanatec as of may 2024. I tried calling 4 different phone numbers (some America, most German numbers). If you call during 2-4 Central Europe time I think it is, all lines say they disconnected them due to so many people with issues. They know about it, but kinda gave up on helping people. When a company makes it literally impossible to contact them, the writing is on the wall. Yes I did the tech support product link thing, never got a confirmation email that they received it, and creating another one will only make things worse. I'm also looking to sell my set up. Pedals plus a third brake pedal, wheel base, McLaren and WRC wheel. Live in WI if anyone is interested. I spent well over $1k on it and the wheel base is junk. I get about 45 minutes of play before it happens. So naturally it happens several times during a race. Oh and when it happens you can't pause because none of the buttons work, so you just are screwed for the race. Makes playing online with friends a joke...especially while in a multiplayer career.