Fanatec Driver 452 (Prev. Release Candidate) for CSL, CSW and Podium DD WB (all wheels)

Marcel PfisterMarcel Pfister Member, Administrator

How to report issues:

If you report a driver or firmware issue, please make cross checks:

1. Update driver and FW separately to isolate an issue and find out if caused by driver OR firmware.
  2. Which driver OR firmware shows the issue
  3. Which driver OR firmware does not show the issue
  4. Check if you can reproduce the issue again if you go back to the version which seems to have caused the issue
  5. Check if the issue is related to specific settings of for example the tuning menu. Is it happening more or less with a specific setting raised or lowered?
  6. Post the answers gathered from the questions above + a short description of the issue including the following info:
  • Wheel Base Model (product ID): ...
  • Steering Wheel Model (product ID): ....
  • Driver Version: ....
  • Base FW Version: ....
  • Motor FW Version: ....
  • Wheel FW Version: ....
  • FanaLab Version: ....
  • Tuning Menu settings
  • Driver/FanaLab installed on C: drive or else?
  • With driver related issues collect log files and zip them from C:\Users\Public\Fanatec Logs

Changelog of driver 452 (since 451)

Firmware versions included

• Podium DD1 / DD2 Base: 3.0.3.4 (NEW)
  • Podium DD1 / DD2 Motor: 3.0.0.2 
  • Podium DD1 / DD2 WQR: 7 (NEW)
  • CSL DD / GT DD PRO Base: 1.1.10.4 (NEW)
  • CSL DD / GT DD PRO Motor: 1.0.3.2
  • CSL DD / GT DD PRO WQR: 6.0.1.1 (NEW)
  • CSW V1 Base: 693 (NEW)
  • CSW V2 Base: 693 (NEW)
  • CSW V2.5 Base: 693 (NEW)
  • CSL Elite Base: 693 (NEW)
  • CSL Elite Base PS4: 693 (NEW)
  • CSL / CSW Motor: 22
  • Podium BMW M4 GT3: 9 (NEW)
  • Podium Hub: 6
  • Podium BME: Update temporarily disabled
  • Podium BMR: 1.0.0.3 (NEW)
  • CS SW Formula V2(X), V2.5(X): 47 (NEW)
  • CS SW RS: 4 
  • CS SW BMW V2: 3 
  • CS SW F1 Esports V2: 5 
  • CS UH V2 / UHX V2: 2 
  • GT DD PRO SW: 8
  • CSL Elite SW McLaren GT3: 37 (NEW)
  • CSL Elite SW McLaren GT3 V2: 47 (NEW)
  • CSL Elite SW WRC: 4
  • CSL UH, CSL UH V2: 8 
  • CS P V3: 1.35
  • CSL Elite Pedals V2: 1.6
  • CSL Elite Pedals Load Cell Kit: 1.13
  • CSL Pedals Load Cell Kit: 1.8
  • CS USB Adapter - Handbrake: 1.10
  • CS USB Adapter - Shifter: 1.12
  • CS USB Adapter - CSL Pedals: 1.1
  • CS USB Adapter - CSL Elite Pedals: 0.1

Control Panel

• Fixed driver shows error message of not supported hardware for no reason.
  • Fixed Max Torque output not properly hidden on all Wheel Bases when no Steering Wheel is attached.
  • Fixed uninstallation blocked by COM Surrogate pop-up.
  • Potential fix for device not detected because deactivated in device manager.
  • Potential fix for issue where the Wheel Base is not detected or not shown in the USB Gamecontroller overview.
  • Potential fix to prevent endless loop of the driver wanting to install USB driver showing UAC pop-up.
  • Added compatibility for the new CSL Universal Hub V2 via alternative image selection.
  • Added compatibility for the new Podium Button Module Rally with DD Bases.
  • Updated the DD Wheel Base images and QR detection icon with the new QR2.
  • Other minor improvements.

Firmware Manager

• Potential fix for issue where sometimes Podium DD is updated in wrong sequence.
  • Potential fix to prevent issue where no wheel is detected on center calibration screen after a Wheel Base Firmware update.
  • Removed "Next" button when prompted to switch from PS to PC mode to avoid causing hang.

General Firmware Improvements

• Fixed H-Pattern Shifter always showed "Reverse" in Shifter Port 2. Now H-Pattern works in both ports.
  • Fixed ghost inputs when removing BMW M4 GT3 wheel (needs both new Base Firmware and new BMW Firmware).
  • Fixed OLED test causes flicker when Tuning Menu is open during the test.
  • Corrected the button mapping of the P1 wheels to match the WRC wheel.
  • Improved WQR Firmware Update so it can be updated again by the driver which will be needed for new wheels in the future.
  • Improved the spelling of some Tuning Menu setting names and descriptions.

Tray App (optional installation)

Latest version of Fanatec App on Android/iOS required as well, more info about the app on: https://fanatec.com/eu-en/app

• Fixed ITM data on Podium DD and BME OLED not resetting the values after game exit.
  • Added F1 23 support. Note: Mobile App ITM data only working without FanaLab running.
  • Added new debug data for the new Temperature data screen and FFB torque graph screen for the Podium DD with the latest Mobile App version which shows the Temperature data and FFB graph data you would also see in the OLED of the Base.
  • Updated Fanatec App ITM Telemetry support list.
  • Other minor improvements.

Known Issues

• BME FW update temporarily disabled, will get fixed soon for the next driver release.
  • MPS Pulse not working correctly, will get fixed soon for the next driver release.
  • When entering a game menu while driving it can happen in some games that the FFB effect doesn't get canceled which results in the wheel turning to one side. (this got now fixed for the Podium DD but can still happen on the CSL DD. We will now apply the fix for the CSL DD as well)
  • Natural friction can start to feel weird after some time of driving. In case you experience issues with NFR, we suggest to turn it OFF for now. (this got now fixed for the Podium DD but can still happen on the CSL DD. We will now apply the fix for the CSL DD as well)
  • The steering input jump issue was greatly improved so the issue happens a lot less than before. Full fix expected for one of the next versions.

Compatible FanaLab Version

https://forum.fanatec.com/discussion/27887/fanalab-2-00-09-release-candidate-prev-1-99-02-post-your-feedback-here#latest

Download

Comments

• Now my DD2 works again as it shuld!!!!

Maurice ....Now you understand "fix drivers Fanatec ?"

It cannot be that a "renowned"company makes so many mistakes ofthis type! Get your Batteries together Fanatec.

You are going to learn the hard way why the market wil eat you if you dont improve.

You will end up having distributors like everyone else to provide a corret service to people...time to time.

with all this...im in love with my DD2 again and my steering wheell with their pedals

• I was pleased to finally see a message from Marcel Pfister in the forum again.

The hope for something positive was confirmed with the release of driver 452.

This one has it all and the wait for it has been worth it so far.

I was happy with my DD1, but now I have a new one, much more precise, more sensitive, simply better! Thanks to everyone involved and as always it was no problem switching to the new driver and firmware.

Uninstall the old driver, restart the PC, install the new driver and also restart the PC, then connect the base and carry out the firmware updates as described and everything works perfectly.

Thank you, I'm really excited!

• In Forza motorsport i have some steering lash....it is not fixed.

This can not be like this!!

Previous drivers (not 451) everything correct no lag.

I sorrry but not fixed.🤬

• Guys, cmon!!! Your products are decent / high level but software engineering side has major issues. Coming from gt DD to purchasing a DD2 with QR2 was an absolute freakin nightmare. Standard QR1 would work but QR2 had a world of issues.

seems the update has sorted them out but Clubsport Universal V2 still won’t work with new candidate driver. At least I have a CSL (NEW) to mount my alcantara wheel to play rally. Was getting tired of ACC and iracing 🤭

I really hope support try to sort this issue out with Clubsport v2 with QR2 on DD2 otherwise I’ll have to jump ship.. even though I’m hairs away from purchasing a podium Porsche cup wheel just to get the confidence back. 🙏🏻

fanatec, I will be honest I’ve spent $$$ on brand new stuff of you guys but these bugs NEED to be sifted otherwise it’s going to get you in trouble. Maybe just be honest with clients and tell them upfront instead of marketing a well tuned system when we know there is doubt there.

sorry but sometimes you need to inflict constructive critisim

list of hardware

GT DD

GT DD WHEEL

GT PEDAL

1 x QR2 WHEEL SIDE PODIUM

3 x QR2

3 x QR2

FORMULA V2.5 WHEEL

CLUBSPORT UNIVERSAL V2

CSL HUB (NEW)

DD2

CLUBSPORT PEDALS

HANDBRAKE

SHIFTER

ALCANTARA WHEEL

• edited October 2023

The issue with your ClubSport Universal Hub v2 not working on your QR2 is a hardware issue and nothing Software can fix. It's most likely a faulty QR Board in the QR2 Base-Side. Please contact the support.

• Any info on when BMW M4 GT3 Wheel owners will get the QR2-type update cable? So we could do the firmware upgrade to version 9.

• edited October 2023

There are no Information about the update cable at the moment.

It's still supposed to be shipped to BMW M4 GT3 wheel owners "in the future".

I am personally also waiting for the cable, asked the support over a month ago and didn't got an answer yet.

For now, if you still have a QR1 Wheel-Side, then attach that one to the wheel and do the update with the QR1 update cable. If you sold the QR1 Wheel-Side, then you can still update with the QR1 update cable without any QR mounted to the wheel. Just be careful with the naked pins to not damage them. I did that myself this way without problems. Not ideal, sure, but at least a way to update to V9 (which is the first new Firmware for the wheel since it was released so the likelyhood that there will be another new FW anytime soon for it where you still don't got the QR2 Update cable is extremely minimal).

• Thanks for the answer and the options to do the update. Think there should be a mention that hardware damage to the wheel when updating without any QR mounted is at your own risk 😉

• Hello!!. What do you mean by a new DD1. More sensitive and more precise??? Have you noticed improvements in the FFB?? I haven't seen anything in the changelog. I'm curious!!! :)

• Actually nothing was changed regarding FFB, sensitivity, precision or anything else. It should feel exactly the same as the previous Firmware, it just has the mentioned bugfixes / changes included which should not affect the overall feeling at all.

• Hello, even though there is nothing in the changelog about changes in sensitivity, I can still feel them. I noticed this in cars that use a steering angle of 1080 degrees. Before, it wasn't quite as precise in the area of the maximum steering angle as it is now.

I don't need any notice about changes, I try it and feel it and the result has encouraged me to publish my positive impression in this forum.

Unfortunately, you are patronized here and you are not given any time to answer a question that is directly addressed to the person.

So I will keep my impressions to myself in the future.

• Michel BoschMichel Bosch Member
    edited October 2023

Changelog of driver 452 (since 451)

Firmware versions included

• Podium DD1 / DD2 Base: 3.0.3.4 (NEW)

Shouldn't it be 3.0.3.5? That's what i got after the update.

More versions on the OP are incorrect

• Unfortunately you don't know anything. I have responded to Maurice about whether there have been any changes that are not in the changelog. Condescension??...you have no idea!! And I can live without your comments in peace!! Look up the word "Placebo" in the dictionary and learn its meaning. Greetings :)

• Yes, .5 is correct.

Will be fixed in the forum Changelog on Monday.

• You should use a good translation program or have someone explain what the content of the message means before attacking someone who has not treated you in any way in a condescending manner. I gave you a reason in response to your question.

Otherwise my comment was for the forum, which someone else answered for me!

• Hello!!. I apologize!!. It's obvious that I didn't understand well. And the translator played a trick on me. I'm sorry

• I'm glad we were able to sort it out. I wish you a nice evening.

• Ive been trying it all day.....and it seems to be OK.

They were the damn drivers.

• I have GT DD Pro and 448 drivers, does it make sense to switch to 452? I have no problem and since version 448 nothing has been done with FFB anyway right ? I don't use the app.

• edited October 2023

Read the changelog of 450, 451 and 452 and decide for yourself if there is any fix / improvement worth for you to update. :)

Especially 450 was a HUUUUUGE update with tons of fixes and improvements which would be worth the update for me for sure.

Note that there will be an even newer driver release very soon for the upcoming CS DD launch on 7th November so you might be wanting to wait for 453 then as that one will not only add support for the CS DD but it should also fix some issues which were introduced with this 452 release now (like non-working BME FW update and broken MPS Pulse mode).

• Thanks, I'll just wait for 453

• Having looked thoroughly through the vast history of "help" on this forum, it is clear a number of posters do not have the technical chops to make reasoned replies and have sent a great many customers down the rabbit-hole of half-truths and nonsense. That is what happens on forums - public forums are all alike in this respect.

What is not acceptable is certain "shadow Fanatec staff" being so far off the mark the customer has reported cancelling orders and moving to a different ecosystem; I for one cannot blame them for having lost faith in Fanatec and jumped to a more organised alternative. These forums are replete with examples.

I shall cite my most recent experience: From the change-log It appears this release is expected to address the problem with the dismissal of the Hi Torque warning banner; a firmware/software issue as was described on the 451 release thread and reported as not being an issue when a downgrading to release 450. This issue was immediately, curtly, and abrasively dismissed as a hardware fault by one of the "Shadow staff"

Indeed, reading through the evaluation of nine other issues which were also software related and later confirmed as such were also dismissed by "shadow staff" as hardware faults.

I have already passed my recommendation to Fanatec the forum no longer be a place to report bugs as it clearly:

1: Is continually hijacked by "Shadow staff" who's reach exceeds their grasp. To be clear, they have openly demonstrated they do not have the experience or ability to apply a formal trouble-shooting process required of a professional tester or support staff; that is the ability to intuit from experience and apply methodical evaluation and elimination of variables in determining a software/firmware issue, Fanatec hardware issue, user hardware issue, or a combination of all three. (Searching the forums confirms this poisonous trend.)

2: Reports are not being taken seriously or test results passed along. ("Shadow staff" who are tasked to pass along the reports are rubbishing the reports with gut erroneous reactions and passive aggressive posts.)

3: Using the reporting template required by Fanatec has only one result - an immediate denial of the issue and and abrasive comment from "shadow staff."

In this competitive market it is "Come To Jesus Time" for Fanatec. Lax standards and clueless, abrasive "shadow staff" have no place here.

If Fanatec are having issues with understanding what this means, feel free to contact me directly. I can guarantee everyone on this forum is using software for which I have introduced and policed the reporting standards, having done so for four of the top fifty technology firms; ensuring inclusion of current and prospective customers in the process, assuring transparency of progress, and communicating the trade-offs every company has to make in its release cycles.

Sim racing is how I relax. Observing behaviour at Fanatec I would not accept in my own staff is irksome to say the least.

• edited October 2023

"From the change-log It appears this release is expected to address the problem with the dismissal of the Hi Torque warning banner; a firmware/software issue as was described on the 451 release thread and reported as not being an issue when a downgrading to release 450. This issue was immediately, curtly, and abrasively dismissed as a hardware fault by one of the "Shadow staff""

Actually, none of the 6 Firmware fixes are related to this and don't mention anything in this regard as nothing in this regard was actively "fixed" in the Firmware.

When its working after update 452, then its a nice coincidence and good to hear, but it was no active fix implemented for this as that specific issue was tested but could not be reproduced, hence the suggestion from the "shadow staff" that its a handshake issue between the wheel and the base (which is actually no untypical hardware issue as there were some WQR related hardware issues in the past where some Hubs failed the handshake with the base for example).

Anyway, great to read that the issue is fixed for you.

• how to say in Spain....OLEEE OOOleeeee Oleeeeee.

Very well said

• I have updated to the knew version, and I realise that my wheel has a "vibration noise" when I turn on. I do not remember that noise before update

• Wheel Base Model (product ID): Podium DD1 PS4
    • Steering Wheel Model (product ID): Formula V2.5 X
    • Driver Version: 452
    • Base FW Version: 3.0.3.5
    • Motor FW Version: 3.0.0.2
    • Wheel FW Version: 47
    • FanaLab Version: 2.00.06

• Can you show that in a video?

In general a slight vibration noise or feeling in the hands is normal and caused by the electricity of the motor and also the always spinning fan of the base so a Podium DD will always make some noise and you will always feel a slight vibration in the hands.

If you are unsure if it's normal, then you could also go back to driver 451 and flash the Firmwares from that one again.

• I cannot make a video because is not audible. I took a race and I didn't notice any issue so I will keep with 452 for a time.

Thank you

• Wheel Base Model (product ID): Podium DD1
    • Steering Wheel Model (product ID): BMW M4 GT3
    • Driver Version: 452
    • Base FW Version: 3.0.3.5
    • Motor FW Version: 3.0.0.2
    • Wheel FW Version: 9

Backside of the Wheel Buttons 31 and 33 Input Flickering.

Used to use these two Buttons for Ignition and Starter in iRacing. Cant Start my Engine now with these 2 Buttons cause the input is not active constantly.

• Thx, that is known and it actually affects almost every wheel at some button, not just the BMW, and was caused by the BMR implementation.

Luckily, there will be a new driver in time for the CS DD release next week which should fix this issue.

This discussion has been closed.