Absolute worst experience I have ever had...

This has been the most worst experience I have ever had purchasing something online. I am from Canada, on Oct 9th I ordered the CSL bundle. Cart loaded and hit the checkout. All is well in the world. Wrong. The next day I log in and look at the order and it says "completely shipped". Upon further inspection I realize the wheelbase was never added to my cart. Great. Contact customer support to either cancel or try to have them add the wheelbase. No response for days. I figure I could just order the wheelbase, pay the 349 full price, because I can't buy it for the 199 discount with a bundle purchase now and they can just refund me the difference. Wrong. After explaining that I purchased the wheelbase full price in my support ticket and what had all happened, she just cancels the wheelbase for no reason and tells me to reorder? So now I am pissed, I re order the wheelbase which now makes me have 2 seperate charges of 540 dollars CAD to my credit card. At this point I said screw this company and cancelled the second wheelbase order myself. I was refunded the original one she cancelled for $540. We're going on two weeks now and the second wheelbase refund still hasn't been given back. I just finally received the Load Cell pedal, the Steering wheel and the quick release. The actual pedals themselves are god knows where, it doesn't even look like they have been shipped on the tracking. Why not throw it in one box and send it all together? How hard is that ffs? I have sent countless support tickets, one or two have been responded to, I reply and don't hear anything back. I have tried calling, which i now find out is pointless because nobody answers. This whole thing could have been avoided if their customer service wasn't complete shit. I wish I looked into them before I made my order but I didn't expect the customer service of a popular company to be this bad.

So basically I have half my order, no wheelbase, missing refunds that haven't been given back and practically 0 response from them for anything. I also had to pay duty just to receive this junk and I expect I will have to pay to ship this crap back to them in 6 months whenever they decide to respond to me. I have issued a chargeback dispute with my credit card which they say they need to investigate and contact the company, to which I said good luck, If I could get a hold of anyone I wouldn't be trying to dispute this. Currently I either want this refunded and shipped back or sell me the wheelbase for 199 so I can then just sell it all to my brother. I purchased a Moza wheel which arrived in 5 days, so Fanatec can suck it. I will never deal with this company ever again.

Comments

• edited October 2023

lol, i though im the only one... Im in the same chair. The eshop is wrongly placing orders or whatever. I bough CSL DD added Load Cell and gone to pay order. I got everything except wheel base... I wrote to support, but after a week i didnt get the answer and i thought ok, w/e and ordered the wheel base for full price. Received few days ago. I did setup all the wiring from manual and today i started to play Forza motorsport and Asseto corsa, after playing about an hour the accelerator pedal started to behave badly, i alt+tab'ed the game and run fanatec software. Accelerator and clutch pedal are shaking like hell 30 to 80%. I tried to disconnect Load cell, and make brake/gas pedals only but pedals still doesnt work. Support is non existing, Wasted money. I want my money back, but there is no support...

• edited October 2023

I have bought a LOT of things online, but this is my first experience dealing with Fanatec. Hands down the worst online shopping experience I have ever had!

I ordered a few items, received shipment notification/tracking. Then a couple days later, I notice the tracking says the shipment has been re-directed to a new address that I have never heard of. I email fanatec asking if this was their doing (six days ago with no response) and also call the postal service. The postal service says the sender has re-directed the delivery and I do not have permission to further re-direct. Fast forward to today, the delivery is now complete to some random address, fanatec has not got back to me, and I am out $800. Absolute garbage service. I am raising a paypal dispute to get a refund.

• The lack of communication and interaction with their customers does not put this company in good shoes. If there was an example taught at business school of how NOT to run your company, this could be the prime example..