WRC 2023 Menu Scrolling Issue

My DD1 with a Clubsport wheel is fine for the first 5 minutes of running the game, but after that, it starts scrolling uncontrollably through the menus. Unfortunately, you cannot change the menu button assignments.

I have to remove the wheel if I want to change anything in the menu using a mouse, then reattach the wheel before I start driving.

Is anyone else having this issue?

Comments

• Seems that a number of Fanatec wheels currently have issues with menu navigation in this game. In my case, it's the McLaren GT3 v2 wheel. By default, all the buttons work in-game, but not in any of the menus - you have to use mouse and keyboard. Turns out that the game has no xml file that describes the v2 wheel, only the v1. So by editing a couple of lines, I've managed to achieve full menu functionality. The bug has been reported on EA forums, so devs are aware of it.

Not sure if what you're experiencing is related to that in any way. If it's not a problem in any other game, I'd say wait and see if it gets fixed in an upcoming patch. I'd definitely go report it on the EA forums if you haven't already.

• Thanks Gregg!

With your hint, I was able to edit the action map xml for my wheel and remove the default axis rotation settings, which fixed the issue. This also allows you to remap any restricted button mappings...

For anyone else here is the folder location:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\EA SPORTS WRC\WRC\Content\input\Windows\actionmaps

• Hi,

I just purchased the game and face the same issue. I was reading your reply but don’t really know how to go about it. Will you be able to explain further how to go about removing the “default axis rotation settings”.

• I went to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\EA SPORTS WRC\WRC\Content\input\Windows\actionmaps and edited my default wheel settings. After that you have to reload your default wheel settings in game...This worked for a bit and then an update broke it. Now I just take off my wheel during the menus. Thank you QR2!