ClubSport DD Not Working Correctly

Hello,

This is an update from my previous post.

My CS DD has a consistent vibration feeling in the steering wheel when it is not centred. I feel it while I am driving and while stationary (even when in Windows with no games on). The feeling is like the engine in a car is rumbling but it never goes away and is constant within the steering wheel (McLaren GT3 wheel). I tried turning down force feedback, full force, etc... nothing prevents it. The steering wheel also has a minimal feeling when I'm driving at lower speeds, and I cannot feel oversteer as I could with my previous base.

I uninstalled all fanatec drivers and installed the latest firmware (454), as the CS DD webpage suggests. This updates the wheelbase but not the steering wheel and WQR drivers. When I attempt to update them, I disconnect the steering wheel as indicated; then, when it asks me to plug it back in, it does not come back up in the firmware manager (even after restarting the PC). I then tried to update the WQR, and it gets stuck on 'please wait', even after waiting an hour. Manual Firmware Update didn't work either, it could not retrieve the update. The McLaren GT3 wheel firmware is on 46 (firmware 47 available), and the WQR is on 0.6.6.5 (firmware 1.0.0.3 is available).

Any guidance on what the next steps should be? I am guessing this is going to be an RMA, as the vibration feeling in the base does not feel right. Thanks.

Comments

• I´m sorry to say that, but It sound like you have to send the base back to fanatec for repair or replacement.

The DD normaly makes no vibrations or strange sound while using. My CS DD ist completly quiet whitout any vibrations or stuff like that even in heavy use.

The best way is to contact the technical support to check what to do next.

• Thanks for the reply. I've managed to update the drivers and it is feeling better at the moment!

• How did you manage to update the drivers? I have exactly the same problem, it vibrates and also I can't install the latest driver software or it loads itself into it, not really anything. After an endless wait it breaks off.

In the menu everything is recognized, whether the shifter or the accelerator pedal is being used. When I turn on the Xbox and try to use the steering wheel, nothing happens again

• PS: All of the Stuff is brandnew

• So I sent a step-by-step process on how to do it in my other post.

This didn't fix the vibration issue, though. I'm pretty sure this is the coil whine issue others have had. I will be returning my CSDD and going with Moza. Hopefully, yours gets fixed.

• @Kaelan

In which post did you show the steps? I don't know how to find that

• Here is the step-by-step process I used.

1. Turn off the wheelbase and take out the steering wheel.
    2. Uninstall the Fanatec Driver Package in add or remove a program.
    3. Restart your computer.
    4. Plug the wheelbase into a different port with CSDD; it needs to be 3.0. Make sure this is directly to the computer, no extensions or hubs.
    5. DO NOT TURN BACK ON THE WHEEL BASE STILL.
    6. Reinstall the latest drivers from the fanatec website (454).
    7. Restart the computer after they have been installed.
    8. Now you can turn on the wheelbase.
    9. The wheelbase should be updated now, then go to the fanatec firmware manager.
    10. Select Manual Firmware at the top.
    11. Now FIRST manually update the Wireless Quick Release, and then update anything else, still wait to plug in your wheel.
    12. Once everything else has been manually updated you can plug back in the wheel and update it if necessary.

• Thank you, unfortunately that didn't help either. For 15 minutes it has been showing me that it is loading the firmware. unfortunately without success or does it take longer to load?

• yes, it worked. yes!!! I had to press the flash firmware button. Both with the WQR update and the Hub V2 update. THANKS

• Mine is doing something similar. The vibration is ever so slight but the base is making also me kind of noise similar to a radiator noise. Did you ever get your issue resolved?

• Sorry late response here. Coil whine issue, and had to send it back for RMA.