MC CLAREN WHEELS NOT DETECTED ON 12NM CSL DD

i AM VERY DISAPPOINTED OF WHAT MY FIRST TIME EXPERIENCED IN THIS TYPICAL SIM RACING BRAND.. I BOUGHT A BRAND NEW 12NM CSL dd and mclaren wheel qr2 adapter. itsd just waste of money and time spending downloading tyhose software asnd it doesnt work on ACCC GAME!!!!.. IF I KNEW THIS BRAND WILL WASTE MY TIME FOR THAT WORTH OF MONEY WITHOUT GIVING ME A SINGLE LAP OF HOW IT FEEELS!!! i wish i never order this product.. stupid garbage waste of money and time.. bssss!!!!

Comments

• What a great issue report with zero information so it is impossible to help you...

PS: There is no 12 Nm CSL DD, only a 5 Nm and a 8 Nm one.

• Also CS DD (12 nm) and McLaren wheel with QR2 work like charm in acc - I am using exactly the same setup

• Likely a CS DD?

You need to post more info. Correct Wheel Base name, Driver version, etc.

• what do you mean there is no there is no 12nm Clubsport DD?? what do i have then?

• MadDog-ICMadDog-IC Member
    edited December 2023

You incorrectly said in your first post you had a CSL DD, not a CS DD, you do in fact have a CS DD from your pictures.

To help you, others will need the bundle of log files from the Fanatec Control Panel / Driver.

1: Does the motor, steering wheel, etc all work in the Fanatec Control Panel / Driver and all functions / buttons work as expected.

2: Does the Steering wheel device show up in "Windows -> Control Panel -> Devices and Printers -> Fanatec CS Wheel Base DD".

3: Does the gaming device show up in "Windows -> Control Panel -> Device Manager -> Human Interface Devices" and all active.

4: If Fanatec device isn't showing up in windows then the driver install hasn't been able to correctly install for some reason, reasons can be antivirus was running and interfered, USB ports not compatible or run through a USB Hub as it can garble the data transmissions, Issues in Windows 10 /11 itself or conflicting other programs / drivers. (These is why the log files from your Fanatec setup will give clues to the problem).

5: I can only assume the CS DD is compatible with ACC as I only own a Podium DD1, and that works perfectly fine with AC, ACC.

• I downloaded 454 firmware version. YEAH, it appears in the control panel however it doest work the buttons and pedals for shift

• 1: Better to go to the very recent new Fanatec 455 Drivers and Firmware updates, fixes a few CS DD issues, maybe not yours specifically though.

2: You still haven't ticked off the requirements I asked for in my previous message, link below shows what to do for a similar issue, highlighted in green marker.

3: Bundle up Log files and upload attached latest dated version of FanatecDiag_xx-12-2023_00-48-43.zip

• guys help me how to fix this issue

• Zip file you sent is only DXdiag report with no fanatec logs, so no help what so ever.

• Ben WintersBen Winters Member
    edited December 2023

I had to update the wheelbase and qr first before attaching wheel to update wheel firmware 👍 (also in my endeavour i had yo uninstall and reinstall the fanatec software with just wheelbase/qr connected to pc) i repeat , NO WHEEL ATTACHED UNTIL BASE AND QR ARE PROPERLY UPDATED 🤔

• I have a similar issue.

Brand new CS DD and Mclaren GT3 V2. All seemed ok after setup im sure oled was also on on the wheel. Then when i launched the app it said FW updates available i ran those now wheel says FW 0 and firmware file not found when i try to update FW. I have tried everything uninsatall and reinstall drivers etc and dont know is this FW or is it the wheel or drivers i have just added this in other sections of the foorum looking for help. Can i put CSdd in bootloader mode and run Clubsport base updater or something or does anyone else have any ideas. So annoying i didnt even get to use it

• Once again thanks for your help Maurice. This is so frustrating that a brand new product is just totally unusable!

I have been looking into this more as im still waiting for support to reply and by the sound of it i might be waiting a while!

Cant update firmware on Mclaren gt3 v2! CS DD

Could it be a driver issue? i have noticed a few things and would like help to rule out.

From watching a video on youtube someone said you should have 3 fanatec items in device manager 1. Wheel base 2. comp 2.5 mode and 3.xbox if drivers have been installed correctly.

i can switch from pc to comp mode but when i choose xbox the light goes green for a second then back to red and to pc mode so i can’t choose xbox mode for a start.

When I’m using pc mode what should the usb device in device manager be selected as? because mine is fanatec wheel when i choose pc mode then fanatic club sport 2.5 for comp mode but CS-WB-DD always stays greyed out. Is this correct?

I have tried uninstall and reinstall drivers and tried older 454 driver etc but same issue. The problem i have as you can see from the picture is the wheel is reading firmware version 0 and it says firmware file not found when i try to update firmware. I am hoping this can just be solved through firmware or driver updates/changes.

From trying the file you said Maurice when it said no i need .eff file and not the hex i then noticed in the firmware folder there is the FirmwarUpdateEufe which has a drop down to upload FW on steering wheel ext if i choose that drop drown it allows me to load the McLaren gt3 v2 hex file but i didn’t want to risk flashing. can that be flashed there?

Im getting desperate now in a hope that i can fix this rather than send back which I’m sure will take forever so another question is in the FW folder there is a ClubsportUpdater but when you choose that is says need to connect properly and put in boot loader mode.

How do you put CS DD in boot loader mode to run this updater? is that safe?

Is there a way to do a factory reset on the base to try install everything again from scratch?

If anyone can help that would be amazing

Sorry i just thought id copy and paste this here as well as this issue seems similar to mine

• is this the log files neede to diagnose?

edited January 3

Fanatec drivers may be issue at the moment, V455 is known to disable Xbox mode in some cases and drivers v452-v454 have even more issues, V451 is the most known stable version, but may not support CS DD correctly, I would try v454 as a last resort as that is listed with the CS DD release.

Most CSL DD "boot loader" mode is activated by powering on motor and then holding power button for 8-10 seconds, can't get any manual for CS DD to see if works the same.

Looking through logs for some clues, will take a while.

1) Exert from log, can't find device to upgrade, This might because the Xbox HID Device compatible mode isn't installed due to the V455 driver issue, or may be your not in PC mode (Red Light) on power switch, or steering wheel is miss reporting its credentials.

"Fanatec Steering Wheel Updater via USB Logs

Call: 1/2/2024 9:24:13

[START TRACE]

UPDATER_LOG: Error: Connect device failed(Error: UsbHidPeripheral() cannot open USB HID device (vid=0x0eb7, pid=0x0000, sn=).)."

• Thanks for your help. I have tried 454 but still will not detect wheel. is there a hard reset for the wheel base to then try drivers again?

• Sorry to keep sending stuff! This is an earlier log file. this is the one i sent to fanatec support

• edited January 3

Did you do manual flash to update base and qr? as mine says up to date.

How are your devices listed in device manager?

I feel that drivers is whats causing my issue but im not sure how they should look in device manager.

when you update wheelbase fw do you attach wheel after or close then do qr update?

• That updater log at the bottom connect device failed.

What does that mean? is that wheel base connection is missing?

If you see in the picture i put above the CS-WB-DD doesnt higligt when in pc mode only fanatec wheel does.

Could this be the issue?

if so what could i try to resolve this?

Sorry to pepper this forum for help but im not getting anything from fanatec

edited January 4

Sorry bud, I typed a lengthy reply and the software deleted my reply after editing it.

So I am done, I can't help any longer, this is a problem for Fanatec Support.

Here is my Device snapshot with DD1 and Formula 1 V2.5 Steering Wheel (Non Xbox ver), never shows Wheel as a device in here.

Good luck with it all.

• Thanks for your help. I just hope this can be resolved without shipping back.