DD2 Not found | Please help

Hello.

We recently buy a new Fanatec set up with a DD2 Wheelbase. (Wheelbase DD2 | CSL Universal HUB V2 | Pedals V3 inverted | QR2 | Shifter | Handbrake)

We downloaded the drivers and Fanalab.

The wheel is set on PC Mode.

The DD2 is shown in the "peripheral and printer" of the PC.

But in the Fanatec Control Panel it says "No Fanatec Device Found".

We flashed the base and the fan runs constantly.

We have followed the troubleshooting steps in the control panel, still will not connect.

We've uninstalled everything and re installed several times.

We have also tried plugging the base into the different usb ports on my tower...

An other weird thing is that the pc cannot start when the wheelbase is on.

Other informations :

Driver 454

MotoR FW v29.0.0

Someone has a solution to make it works ?

Comments

• The screenshot from the base' OLED shows "CAL".

Have you re-calibrated the base after upgrading the firmware? Manual page 31:

https://fanatec.com/media/pdf/57/8a/d0/P-WB-DD2-Manual-EN_web.pdf

• The Base was updated in a wrong order where now the Base FW can not communicate with the Motor FW anymore

You have to download and install driver 336, power off the base, press and hold the power button for 10 seconds to get the base boot into bootloader mode to flash old Base FW again which can communicate with the old Motor FW again.

Then download driver 455, not 454, and install it and then open the Firmware Manager and click the green update button to update the base automatically in the correct order.

• how is possible to install firmware wrong order first place , that should developers ask them themself

• That was possible in very unique specific scenarios up until driver 454. It should be impossible now since driver 455.

• I have the same identical issue, dd2 is connected but the control panel is not detecting it. When i first connected the base it was detected, then i updated the firmware and the base started to run fan at max, and it says no wheel base detected. I tried the troubleshooting for base seems briked, and it shows MOTOR FW v29.0.0. The troubleshooting guide point to a driver to download, precisely the Driver 336, but the link is not working. What can i do...base is running at full speed and im worried tbh. Not the best experience...i just clicked to update...and it messed up all.

• I found the 336 driver, done all the steps, downloaded and installed then the 455 and with big joy i managed to get all my setup detected from the control panel. I could update the firmware of all the parepheric, base, wheel and quick release, and pedals. Updated all at the latest disconnecting and reconnecting wheel with clubsport quick release, all good. Calibrated and i was ready. I've done a few laps in ACC, was so fun for like 15 min, then the up and down shifters of the wheel stopped working, with all the buttons too. The wheel movement was still detected, pedals too. Only buttons and shifter pads stopped working. So i close the game, powered off the base , waited like 15 mins, then when i powered the base again it showed this

What can i do ? So frustrating :( the only strange thing i found was a bit of like grease between main shaft and the clubsport quick release. Pins perfect. I really have no idea what to do. Should i try again the downgrade to 336 driver?

• Thanks for help, i tried to turn off and on couple of times, but the same error from the screen above pops up everytime, i noticed that the icon of the wheel in the dd2 screen is not showing. only the pedals.

Here is the log. Thanks.

• MadDog-ICMadDog-IC Member
    edited December 2023

Stay with Fanatec Driver V455, don't downgrade.

The same error message happened to me when I upgraded from V451 to v455, just went away after cycling the DD1 motor on and off.

If you lost paddles and buttons that is a disconnect between the base and the wheel, if you run extremely high 15-20nm peak force on a DD1 and you have a QR1 system, this can happen, it has happened with my DD1 and Formula 2 wheel, I have put gaff tape in the tongue and groove of the shaft and tighten the QR1 nut very tight onto the rubber at the motor end of the drive shaft and then use the screw to secure the wheels QR1 to the drives shaft, run lower FFB of 10-12nm at most in linear mode and don't have the disconnects anymore.

Try disconnecting the Wheel again and reconnecting to motor, quick look at logs suggest it might not have registered the wheel type in the windows registery correctly, try a driver repair from the help page of the fanatec control panel.

• edited December 2023

I have a dd2, formula v2.5x wheel with clubsport quick release, no need to use the screw it says, only for the simplified quick release.

In this video at 0:56 ClubSport Steering Wheel Formula V2.5 X Video Guide (youtube.com) it's exatly what i've done. I drived it only 1 time , after the succesful updates of all my equipment to the latest firmware. I drove at not even 3nm to test it. I didnt even put the torque key in. I finished to assemble all just yesterday.

It worked perfect for like 15 min, than as said before shifter pads and buttons of the wheels stopped working. The movement of the wheel was still there. When i restarted it popped the update mode error, and the wheel is not anymore detected from the dd2.

• I tryed again to do a driver repair from the control panel but when i powered on the base , the same error showed. Now the control panel is saying again "no fanatec device found". When i power on the base, the wheel moves and the screen show FANATEC, than it go dark. It's really a mess. Didnt expect such a nightmare spending all that money honestly.

• MadDog-ICMadDog-IC Member
    edited December 2023

Ok, I still recommend this, I watched the video, things that are wrong in my opinion (This is from experience and multiple complaints about the QR1 from some used that can have bad tolerances and allows the wheel to slip slightly thus losing connection on pins going into motor QR1 (This is the whole reason QR2 was developed over last 2 years to address this very issue) .

Have computer and DD2 off when doing this:

1) Remove the steering wheel.

2) Loosen the gold nut right off on the motor shaft, pull back QR on Wheel and with a firm push place back onto motor shaft (Don't do what the video show, don't nip up the gold nut before inserting the wheel back on).

3) Once wheel is inserted on to shaft, then tighten the gold locking ring as tight as you can possibly do it (Not just lightly like in video), this will compress the rubber piece to flare out and support the end of the wheels QR1 taking up the sloppy wiggle that can occur.

4) Now put in the allen key screw provided into the QR1 on the Wheel and tighten it up to hold the wheel on even more firmly (Only has to be a light nip up or pressure here, don't over tighten.)

5) Try whole system start from scratch again and see if detects the wheel.

6) If still getting the same issue as before, you will need to contact Fanatec support, or at least maurice might have some other ideas.

7) Update to QR2 at some stage. (Thats an individual choice)

Re your last post, after doing all of the about, Leave DD2 off, remove Driver v455 and reboot computer, then reinstall the same V455 and reboot again and then try turning on DD2 again.

\

• First, thank you again for your help and suggestions, i'll try all that tomorrow Im too tired now i didnt even slept to try to get this thing working. Nearly 15 hours into this. I'll try tomorrow what you said, good night.

• No nothing, i tried all the above. Always the same PDD quick release error pops up. I really dont understand how is that possible. The Wheel is not detected in the led screen of dd2. And the control panel still show "no fanatec device found".

• Seems the WQR is dead and you need to contact the support.

• Ok, i'll try to contact the support :(. Do i have to use the link from control panel? and from what item should i ask the support for? the base the wheel or the quick release? thanks

• It is the Base which makes the issue.

You have to contact the support through your account in the webshop.

• Thank you. I'll do that now.

The fact that it worked perfect for 15 min is what is bugging me. It absolutely had 0 shocks or anything to justify this.

It was all perfectly detected and updated. So frustrating, worked like a crazy to mount the cockpit and all, now i hope it will not be a nightmare with the support.

• Is there a way to see if i submitted a support ? i tried to explain everything and it taked a bit so i got disconnected from the site. I dont know if i submitted or not now...

• Thanks Maurice Böschen for the answer.

We followed all your steps and while the last part (green update button) we are stuck with "Please wait...".

What should we do ?