CS DD warranty period

what is the guarantee period of this new base?

there is no guarantee anywhere on the store page. nor when you put it in the basket at check out.

the description of the podium base states that they have a 5-year warranty.

CS DD is not written anywhere.

is it another new base with errors, because by now a lot of people have reported errors on the base itself, who are forced to return the base using RMA.

has the CS DD base been sufficiently tested to eliminate all problems in time, to give a concrete valid guarantee on the product, so that people who buy know what they are buying and what quality it is?

Comments

• edited December 2023

When nothing is mentioned in the product page webshop description then it has the regular warranty period which is stated in the Official Legal Consumer Guarantee note. That means 2 years for EU, Switzerland and Norway, 1 year for US, Canada, Australia and Japan.

Quote:

"The manufacturer (Endor AG) grants consumers from countries of the European Union, Switzerland and Norway a two-year warranty on all Fanatec products within the meaning of Art. 2 (e) of the European Directive 2000/31/EC, unless otherwise indicated on the individual product page."

"The manufacturer (Endor AG) grants consumers in the United States and Canada a one-year warranty on all Fanatec products, unless otherwise indicated on the individual product page."

"The manufacturer (Endor AG) grants consumers in Australia a one-year warranty on all Fanatec products, unless otherwise indicated on the individual product page."

"The manufacturer (Endor AG) grants consumers in Japan a one-year warranty on all Fanatec products, unless otherwise indicated on the individual product page."

• for csl dd on check out you have selected 2 years, and you can pay 1 year more for guaranty.

if cs dd is so much praised as better technology, then it should have at least the same treatment, if not 5 years

• But it does not have this option, so the legal warranty poeriods are valid for the CS DD here.

• so it's still not as superior quality as Podium DD, when want to give a 5 year warranty.

so then one wonders, why CS DD came with a price of 700€ and jumped to 800€ in a short time, and it can be seen that it has a lot of problems with malfunctions.

• Just because something does not come with extended warranty does not mean its not as superior quality than something else.

Or do you say the same about pretty much every other competitor product which also only offers the regular warranty period given by law as I dont know of much other products from any other manufacturer which gets more than the needed warranty period...................

• but Podium DD is 5 years

😎

• edited December 2023

And?...

It is Podium, so highest flagship tier which gets some extra treatments compared to CS and CSL.

Nothing wrong with that...

• so cs dd is shit like and csl dd

• Im real

you not

you just try to be fun

joker

just like Fanatec for who you work

• edited December 2023

Not worth to spent more of my sunday evening time with you here to debate absolute nonsense.

• zeko zekanzeko zekan Member
    edited December 2023

nonsense?

screwing people up after 3-4 weeks of waiting and telling them that they won't get their packages before Christmas or they should have received them even before?

so we can see that you are arrogant. you are the true embodiment of the representative of the Fanatec scam group

• edited December 2023

What has the current shipping situation to do with the warranty time and quality of products...? That answer is even more nonsense as completely unrelated to your original question about the warranty time, which I have correctly answered.

But if you say so, then I am guilty. Dont have enough energy to debate with you on this matter any longer as it doesnt matter what I say, you have your opinion which you wont change.

Over and out.

• you just think you're smart.

don't worry, there are enough of us smart enough to easily find out what companies like Fanatec are doing, and especially companies like you are proof of the existence of such SCAM companies.

CS DD has been touted as a miracle of technology, so customers deserve a 5-year warranty.

and if it's not, because it's obviously not, since it breaks down like plastic garbage csl dd, then of course the warranty is only 2 years.

poor americans, you screwed them even more by giving them only 1 year.

what kind of company are you?

Fanatec bottom of the bottom.

fraud, SCAM

• Can you please comment on current delivery time of orders that are on Handover to Warehouse status since late November?

• Thank you for the reply, I do appreciate it. :)

• When does the warranty period begin. Is it still upon receipt by the customer or is it when the order is placed?

• edited December 2023

From the Consumer Guarantee Legal note, quote:

"The period for calculating the warranty period begins on the date of the invoice by delivery."

• I wanted to be sure about this. Thanks for the help in this matter.

• I presume that has lost some meaning in translation from German as it makes no sense in English.

It either begins on the date Fanatec put on the invoice or it begins on the date the item was delivered.

As Fanatec have no way of knowing when it was delivered, and because they specifically refer to the invoice, I presume it starts on the date of the invoice.

This is supported by recent messages where they say that they will apply goodwill for warranty claims made soon after warranty ends - given the delays with delivery. If they were starting the warranty on the date customers received their items there would be no need for this goodwill.