Problem news base DD2

Hello guys, it seems to me that this is my first post on this forum, somehow that means that so far everything was fine

I stopped simacing two years ago, I was previously on a DD2 base.

Coming back to this activity, I took advantage of Black Friday to buy a DD2 since I had never encountered the slightest problem with my old base.

This arrived at the end of last week and on Sunday I decided to take it out of the box and put it on the desk in order to plug it into my PC and carry out the updates in view of the upcoming arrival of my frame.

So I install Fanalab and I install the latest drivers via Fanatec Control Panel by clicking on the green button and that's the drama..

The base fan started running at full power for one to two seconds before it completely turned off.

As soon as I tried to turn it back on, the power button flashed quickly and the LCD screen was completely turned off.

It is therefore impossible for me to know which driver is the base, which remains complicated to know which driver to install for the motor.

I tried to reinstall several old drivers manually since it only turns on in bootloader mode but nothing happens.

It remains invisible on the Fanatec control panel unless I install the 439 driver following Maurice Böschen instructions, with this driver as soon as I turn on the base it still asks me to be flashed but strangely it is recognized by Fanatec control panel but when I click anywhere on it, the program cuts off and it is therefore impossible to update the database.

I would like to point out that I have turned off my antivirus and firewall.

The base is directly plugged into the USB port on the motherboard behind the computer, all other peripherals are unplugged except the keyboard and mouse.

As soon as I turn it on it is automatically in bootloader mode with the screen off.

When I want to flash the Firmware, it tells me that it has been installed, only the base turns off and does not turn back on automatically and when I turn it back on it is still stuck in bootloader mode.

If anyone has any idea what's going on I'd appreciate any information.

I opened a ticket with Fanatec, I hope to get a response from them.

Comments

• Hi Alexandre,

Can I ask where you're from? I'm from Portugal and I have also a problem with a new dd2, also openned a ticket. It turns off when I connect a wheel with a podium hub, it seems that it is an allready known issue (WQR board), when you had the problens did you have a wheel connected? Look at this: DD2 Disconnects When Wheel Gets Attached (450 Firmware) — Fanatec Forum

Keep us informed about when they answer to you please, so I can have a benchmark.

Going to install back my csl dd8nm that never gave me an issue.

Best of lucks!