Limited activity of using DD

this is something interesting that I believe many have not noticed. at least not those who have not had the opportunity to use a DD steering wheel.

this is not an isolated case in this company, this is also stated in the competition DD manuals.

I understand that they all care about people's health, but equally we all know that this use sometimes happens for hours.

now the only question is whether the recommended time usage also applies to protection against possible failure due to overheating.

Comments

• Better that Moza Issues:

• edited January 8

you know that a normal label for all things that have a continuous force

to make examples

if you fitness for too long every single day u get fatigued so take regular brakes if you don't do this u can strain your muscles

if you sport too long every single day u get fatigued take regular brakes if you dont this u can strain your muscles

if you work for too long u get fatigued take regular brakes

your muscles just need rest thats why they have this warning because it s proven u should not just drive for hours on end without a brake this should be with every wheelbase big or small in newton meters '

to give even more context here is a website with all info about this kind of strain on your body

its called muscle strain. If you dont understand i hope i learned u something today

hope this closes your case on this matter if not ask me for more info and ill provide

• If yer as old as me, carpal tunnel will get you first ;) Green Hell gets to my wrists every time.

• damn i am sry to hear i do hear there is treatment for this ? but not sure about this

• zeko zekanzeko zekan Member
    edited January 8

what an effort you made. LOL

I've been going to the gym since I was 15 years old, I ride a bike no less than 30 km/h in training, and various other sports. of course, time for rest and feeding the muscles should be included in the mandatory process. that's something you didn't mention because I would say that you're not speaking from your own experience.

and in order to be as strong as me for many years, you have to work with quality and precision in training, as well as taking care of your life outside of sports.

well, let's get back to the point.

and that is that if these are racing simulation games, then it goes without saying that sooner or later everyone will want to drive endurance races or F1 or any time segment that requires more than 1 hour of continuous racing. personally, several times in my simracing life I had endurance races of 3 or even 4 hours. of course, the most were those of 1-2 hours. sprint races of 20-30 minutes are fun but short.

so it makes more sense to me that they want to save the hardware so that it doesn't overheat, so that manufacturers have fewer complaints about their products that can't keep pace.

I like this "We recommend taking a 5 minute break after every 20 minutes of use".

now imagine F1 races or some others that last 1-2 hours where everyone collectively stops after 20 minutes and takes a break for 5 minutes, organized as it is. this should definitely be suggested to the FIA organization or the like, as they normally take care of human muscles and general "health". yes for sure!

• true i speak more from own personal experience

there is also a reason why top athletes that do sim racing for a living or just any pro driver does gym and a heavy routine of excersises during the week

i do not know if its done for overheating but if thats the case the new dd and dd+ should not have this label

besides that i do think its smarter to include this i am sure its a general thing they have to put in the box

i never heard of a case that someone could not get warranty because they used the wheel to much so

most people do race for way longer in one go anyway but thanks for the find its still interesting :)

• everyone must know their capabilities and limitations. Of course, someone who is an athlete, goes to the gym and generally does sports will be more capable of driving longer distances. the others either practice or drive exclusively recreationally and stint races. and let's be realistic, there are generally more of them in the sim racing world.

Here, for example, the Asetek La Prima manual is a little more specific about health care.

what is worrying is that CS DD and DD+ do not have manuals at all where all the notes can be seen. apparently this first wave was sent to the CS DD market in order to show the bugs that are bothering it, and when everything is completed and the bugs are corrected, only then in I don't know which version will it be completely correct for use like the manual. because the Quick Guide does not replace a real manual. that's another mistake, because they sell CS DD without detailed user manuals.

and by the way, I didn't even say that they are justifying themselves with that rule in order to deprive someone of the right to a guarantee.

I'm just saying that they take a long-term view and give advice that seems humane because they care about people's health, but they actually hope that people will gently use and take care of the equipment so that at least they don't have problems during the 2-year or more warranty period.

and on the other hand, all of those manufacturers are full of mouths that DD is a very advanced technology with industrial engines that are as if indestructible. yes maybe they are, but the components inside are not. pcb, resistors, mosfets, capacitors, etc., because vibrations and heat are stressful.

when they will produce all DD steering wheels so that they all give guarantees of 5 years or more, and then we will be able to say that reliability is no longer so questionable.

the only exception is Podium DD1 and DD2. the only DD bases on the market with a 2+3 and 5 year warranty. it is only a confirmation of quality.

• interesting and very informative +1 you are true indeed