CS DD - Stuck in update mode

Anyone else have a CS DD that is stuck in update mode?

Every time I power on my CS DD it is not detected by Assetto Corsa. I then open the Fanatec Control Panel and the wheel is "not connected". Then it opens the firmware updater and says the CS DD is in update mode...?

The wheel base updates again, then the Universal Hub V2 is "Disconnected" The wheel base then has to be rebooted. Assetto corsa then loses all the presets and everything has to be bound again.

Any ideas?

Comments

• I have just submitted a support ticket for a potentially similar firmware update mode for my new CS DD. I was able to complete the firmware update for the wheelbase, but the wheel and WQR updates both fail.

• I had the same problem , try another usb port , or in my case use a laptop computer , can't do the update on my gaming computer , but it works every time on my laptop.

• This is different...This has nothing to do with USB port update issue.

I did have try different USB Ports to update the QR and Wheel originally. That did work for the issue you are stating.

After the wheelbase was updated it consistently has this problem. I have opened a ticket and haven't heard anything back. Never even got a confirmation.

Every time I turn the wheel on it is in update mode. You cannot change modes or even turn the base off. The wheel cannot be used until I open the driver software. Which then triggers the fanatec update software open and update the wheel base with the updater program. Then the wheel reboots and the wheel base will not show up, until the base is rebooted 2-3 times...This happens every time I turn the PC on and turn the wheel base on. (I have tried different USB ports for this problem as well, no effect)

• Post the Fanatec Drivers logs, they might give some ideas on what is happening, but sounds like a difficult one.

• I watched the Log folder and watched what files updated. While I turned on the wheel base.

5 Files updated. (FwControlPanelHid) (FW-Error) (FwFanatecSetup) (FW-FFB) (FwUpdaterEufe)

FW-ERROR below

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Endor FW Forcefeedback Driver

Build: May 31 2022 11:27:49

Call : 1/18/2024 15:19:23

SystemInfo PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_INTEL (x86)

OSVersionInfo Version Number = 6.2

OSVersionInfo Operating System =

OSVersionInfo CSD Version =

** FW-FFB Error tracing for C:\Program Files\Fanatec\Fanatec Wheel\fw\FirmwareUpdaterEufe.exe **

[START TRACE]

[END TRACE]

• Best to just post the complete latest archived logs here from the Fanatec control panel.

• I have the same problem Kurt Trim : when i start m'y CS DD, I have the same message : " wheel base is currently inUpdate mod..." I have to click OK and After around 50 seconds it's updpdated correctly.

Have you fond something about that ??

• Havent found a fix. It seems to be completely random.

Sometimes it doesn't happen after waiting for windows and start up programs to load.

• I can confirm this issue. In the last few days, every time I turn on my CS DD it appears bricked. Red light will come on and F will show on the wheel, but nothing else happens and all buttons are dead. Then when I open the Fanatec Control Panel it says the base is in update mode and runs through the firmware update process. From that point, it seems fine until the next restart. Then it’s the same thing again. Twice I have had an error message saying that “an error has been encountered which prevents the Wheel Base from working properly” and a forced driver repair. The driver repair completes fine, but the issue remains.

Base firmware 2.0.1.4. Will send log files as well.

I have tried different ports and even cables, full driver and firmware updates, etc. No change. Mine does it every time, regardless of boot order or timing. There were no changes in setup or anything else that I can think of that might have caused it to start doing this, and it was working perfectly every day for over a month before this.

• Exactly like me. I haven't found anything. At the begining all was right, but After 2 days, same problem : CS DD always start in Update mod...

The only thing i remember before the issue was to start the wheel base alone (without starting my PC), and After that, the problem began... IS there a link ?? I don't know....

• MadDog-ICMadDog-IC Member
    edited February 11

As far as I can tell from your logs, I think you WQR (Wireless Quick Release) circuit has died as it only ever reports as version 0.0.0.0, this would require an RMA for your CS DD to Fanatec for repair. You might possibly try a forced manual FW update to the WQR with no wheels attached to the motor.

Driver: v455 should have:

• ClubSport DD(+) Base      : 2.0.1.4   (NEW)

• ClubSport DD(+) WQR      : 1.0.0.3

Log Exert from "FwControlPanelV2.log":

FCpl: Firmware Version Wheel Base: 2.0.1.4 Status:1

FCpl: Wheel Type: 19

FCpl: Base Type: 11

FCpl: Steering Wheel Type: 10

FCpl: Pedal Type: 2

FCpl: Firmware Version Rim: 47.0.0.0 Status:0

FCpl: Firmware Version Motor Major: 1.0.2.2 Status:0

FCpl: Firmware Version WQR: 0.0.0.0 Status:0

Seems CS DD does the WQR connection a bit differently, shows up in the "FWUpdateManager.log":

FWMNGR: FirmwareVersionRimModule: 0.0.0.0 Status:0

FWMNGR: Util::EufeQrFirmwareVersionGet Process.Started!

FWMNGR: Util::EufeQrFirmwareVersionGet Process WaitForExit succeed!

FWMNGR: Firmware Version Eufe WQR > 1.0.0.3 Status:4

FWMNGR: Firmware Version Eufe SW >> 0.0.0.0 Status:0

• Post your log files also, will be able to see if your WQR is non functional.

• Thanks you MadDog to spend your time with our issues.
    I have already returned the wheel base as RMA and therefore no longer have access to the log. But I remember my WQR was update 1.0.0.3.
    The only thing I have left is this screenshot during the famous update that occurs at each startup...

• Thanks, @MadDog-IC. I tried a few different things today, including forced firmware updating of the WQR (without a wheel attached). Everything remains the same - just reverts to 'update mode' whenever power is cycled. So I have to agree that it's a hardware failure. For now, it's just 2 clicks and less than a minute to update firmware, and then it works fine, so I'll probably wait a little bit to RMA it (cuz that's such a pain and it's only a month old).

My update screen looks identical to Cyril's above, and the 'waiting for USB reconnection' message repeats several more times and then connects.

Greatly appreciate your help!!!

• MadDog-ICMadDog-IC Member
    edited February 12

I am glad to be of help in any small way I can, it helps me with learning the Fanatec systems, as I can use the Device codes to make old games work (Such as Dirt 2, Dirt 3, Dirt 4, Grid, Grid Autosport, WRC 7, WRC 8, WRC9, WRC 10) with the new CSL DD, GT Pro, Podium DD1 / DD2 and CS DD Wheel bases and wheels.

Another issue that could cause issues that I forget about quite a lot is that the windows drivers for the USB HUB ports on your computer have "Power save management" turned on by default, and windows may be turning off the USB ports at random to save power (Windows does some weird stuff at times), I usually go into Windows Device Manager and turn off all the "USB Hubs -> Power Management -> Allow computer to turn off this device to save Power = unticked. Windows may turn these back on at each windows update also, so double check them when any updates come through.

• I have this exact problem too - it's very frustrating.

• Mark ZakovsekMark Zakovsek Member
    edited March 16

HI, same with me with DD+.... everytime i turn it on first i have to plug it to pc to update firmware so i can change to PS mode and then plug it in PS and it works... I hope they fix this asap because now i am not turning it off anymore because i cant be bodered to do it everytime i turn it off... anyone found out how to fix the problem?

• I purchased the Gran Turismo® DD Extreme, and on the first day of use, everything went well. However, from the second day onwards, when I turn on the base, the Fanatec Control Panel reports that the base is in UPDATE MODE. I click, and an update is performed on the base, and it is then recognized by the PC again, and I can use it. However, just turning off the base and turning it on again, it goes into update mode again, every time.

I have already performed firmware downgrade and upgrade, all successfully, without any errors, but the problem continues, every time the base is turned on, it enters update mode.

I am quite frustrated with the equipment, which was very expensive, and I am currently living in Brazil, so I would like guidance on what I should do to solve this problem.

Any expectations on how we should solve this?

• Fanatec finally RMA'd my wheel base. They received it 10 days ago. No update.

Looks like this is a problem that others are having.

Unfortunately they sent me instructions on how to re-seat the CSL DD quick release. Which has nothing to do with this issue...

I had to complain about them not looking at these logs, or looking at the video, or even looking at what piece of hardware I had. Then got an RMA.