My clubsport DD 12nm Base NOT POWER ON!

Hello, I buyed ths base and updated it to latest firmware.

It was working fine for 3 days, but today when I tryed to trun it on, this not power on.

the base not works!

Here you have the video in zip format because mp4 is not supported.

Any soluction to this? I have sended a ticket to fanatec.

only 3 days!

Comments

• I don't know what the case is with that new CS DD.

is the problem harware or driver + firmware.

did the firmware destroy the unit?

why is something released for use if it has not been sufficiently tested?

This is what I am asking the people responsible in this company.

• can you check if your power cable is properly plugged in?

and if it is, try moving it a little up/down/left/right, and you'll see if you get contact. maybe the connector has come loose from the pcb board.

• edited January 9

the power cable is well plugged.

When I push the power button of the base I can see that the white mini led of the wheel (universal hub xbox) is turned on for 0.5 seconds and then power off.

The led of the base don't do nothing.

• laurarobilaurarobi Member
    edited January 9

i have exactly the same issue, three days all ok, then the base bricked and I have the same with the wheel, the only difference is the I own a McLaren v2 and the oled mini screen turn on for few seconds, I opened a ticket with Fanatec and I'm waiting for the answer, in case you find a solution please share with me

• same issue with me.. i thought im the only one suffering from that. i havent got solve the issue yet. looking forward for help here

• 3 same cases.

what is the cause of that?

did something burn some of the components on the pcb?

is it the fault of the firmware?

Come on, technicians/engineers of this great company, get in touch and give some smart opinion.

but this is certainly a great shame, to release such sloppily complex products and the question of whether the quality standards have been met with testing.

• Same thing with me. I also have McLaren V2 and CS V3 pedals.

I’ve tried everything. Nothing is working.

• Rollback and driver repair isn’t working either

• thanks to FanaSCAM for returning everyone's money, or to those who haven't yet due to the BF debacle. and let them keep the 25% voucher, we don't need it. have this fear that something won't work and you paid a lot? no, thank you!

• Hey guys. My CS DD is back from RMA and my While coiles are gone :D but instead of this i have now the exact same Issue than you have.

My Base won´t start up.. I did not know whats going on. The Base is bought on november 23.. deliver december 23 going to RMA end of december 23.. comes back today 24 and now its fully bricked.

i don´t have any conclusion instead of a build in problem @ the CS DD

• 🤦‍♂️

• I swear to god.. if my CS DD will get fix wether hardware issue or software issue. i will never, ever update to any firmware again.. i dont care if its not updated as long as it works and i can drive.. that,s it. it.s just a hobby but sometimes it can irritating esp no answer or solution given. everybody will get angry too right?

• Dou you have any fanatec response?

I don't have it yet

• they maybe try to find out by themselfes what´s going on. but if the base not turning on, then the only solution is to send the base to fanatec for replacement or repair. other weird things happen with v455. i will stay with 451 or lower. That´s not helpful for CS DD User but some have issues with wheels and xbox mode with 455

• Mine has never turned on…

Well that’s probably because they ain’t sent it!

• I have exactly the same problem with my clubsport dd wheelbase. I got it at the beginning december. after 3 weeks, suddenly the xbox mode didn't worke any more. i installed driver 455 and the went back to 454. nothing helped. I spend hours with upgrading and downgrading the firmware. fanatec support could not help me so i had to send it back for repair. this experience is very frustrating. i read a lot of commentaries in the forum. the driver 455 must totally f**ed up with the xbox mode. i wonder, if this really was tested before release by fanatec. such things should not happen. this is absolutely a mess and not professional from fanatec! console players are obviously not important for fanatec!

• Now this really has me wondering 🤔. Did Fanatec send Sony one of the new manufactured CS DD+ units and this FW update kill it? That could be one a hell of a hiccup in the final approval timeline.

Hope this is not the case, but like I said it really has me wondering. A lot of us are in the dark here with our imaginations running wild.

• It looks like you can fix the problem temporarily by taking the steering wheel off and putting it back on. Turn on wheelbase, take the wheel off, put it back on, and Xbox Mode should return.

• My ClubSport DD base is also bricked after a week of working mostly perfectly. I shut it down while it was booting because of a bug with the steering wheel and it seem to have bricked it, i am awaiting fanatec support here is a video of the issue. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lsx11kNPBDY

• I see, many other customers have identical problems with their clubsport DD wheelbase. unfortunately, as a XBOX player there are only a few alternatives. If I were a PC player, I never would buy anything from fanatec after my experience now. the WB is fantastic for me when it works. but now it is only a frustrating experience. my WB ist now in the repair center. if these guys there works similiar to the quality control of the WB then i probably have to wait several weeks again. what a shame for fanatec!

• Fanatec answered to my ticket this.

In order to cross out an issue on the hardware side, we recommend performing the following:

1. Remove any steering wheels from your wheel base.

2. Check the USB port on the back side of the wheel base, as well as the USB cable, for any damages.

3. Make sure that the wheel base is not connected via USB hubs or extension cables! Either of these can affect the connectivity of the wheel base to the console or PC. We always recommend plugging the USB cable directly into the main board of your PC.

On the software side, we recommend checking the following:

4. In case there are no visible hardware issue, try to start the wheel base in its bootloader mode.

To enter the bootloader mode, press and hold the power button for 8 seconds while the wheel base is connected via USB to a Windows PC with the Fanatec driver installed.

The Firmware Updater will then show up on the screen, and the update can be performed. When this is done, try and power on the wheel base once again.

This not work for me.

Can you try it?

I'm waiting next response of fanatec suport

• My wheel was on a powered hub and was working fine on it, i tried taking it off and no difference.

The base will not go into bootloader mode either.

• thats also don´t work for me. After an RMA cause of coil wining the base come back to me without any function. i have tried everything and don´t see any hardware issue. i really don´t understand whats going on..

• edited January 17

I also have an issue with my new CS DD. Coil wining coming out 50% of the time and now an issue with the button rally attached:

I have a new Podium Rally Button that works fine for few days... ...but from last Saturday it is not recognized anymore by the Control Panel and in fact remain OFF (LED lights OFF and do not appear on the control panel anymore).

I can use the base and the shifter connected to the podium hub properly.. only the Rally Button do not works..

Is it linked to an issue of my CS DD? :(

Podium Hub - version 6

CS DD works fine - version 2.0.1.4

Fabio

• Hello. My Clubsport stopped working after the update (455) connected to my xbox. It lasted 20 minutes. I wasn't even able to try it for 5 minutes. I sent it to Fanatec support last Friday, let's see what they can tell me Hoping that it arrives fixed. Now I have this doubt.......There are many of us who have this problem, Fanatec must resolve it as soon as possible.

• I think it would be best if they admit the error in poor made product and that you all return the bases to them, they should refund your money + compensation for lost time, and then everyone buy toys from competitors

• Mir ist es genauso ergangen, ich warte gespannt auf die Antwort von Fanatec.

ich bin ja eigentlich ein geduldiger Mensch, aber so langsam reicht mir

• Hey guys, got exactly the same issue. Base wont turn on and the wheel shows the fanatec logo on the display but it doesn't disappear.

I opened a support ticket but didn't get a confirmation. Did you get a confirmation via mail or on the website after submitting it? Mine just reloaded and showed the empty form again. Do you also have a reference how long it takes to get a response from their technical support team?

Thank you in advance!