DD2 Wheel Base giving a turn input without moving the wheel while racing.

I play iRacing and during a session I will be going down the track and the tires just turn hard over with me holding the wheel steady. It is like I turned the wheel 360 degrees but I have not turned the wheel at all. It usually goes to the right but I have seen it go to the left before as well.

Once I was sitting in the pits getting service and when I went to take off the car went left towards the wall. A full turn to the right got the car going back straight. Tonight multiple times I'm going down the track and the cars wheels turn hard over and slams into the wall. It went to the right a few times tonight.

This happens at random intervals. This is killing my iRating when I crash and I almost took out other drivers as well.

I tried to send in a ticket a few weeks ago but I have not got a response. But when I hit send on the form after filling everything out with all the driver and firmware version information it just went back to a blank form so I'm not even sure if the ticket was sent properly. This was before Christmas. They said it could take a few weeks for a response but I have not got one.

I bought this DD2 during the holiday sale so its basically brand new. I am using the BMW GT2 V2 wheel. I had a Club Sport V2.5 base that worked fine with this same wheel before with an old computer. This is a new computer and a new DD2. I was using the 454 driver and it happened several times. I downloaded the new 455 driver this week and it happened again a few times tonight and other times earlier this week. I changed my USB port power setting to never turn off tonight and it still is happening.

I just saw that there is a new driver for the base so I just downloaded that but I was using the previous version as I had made sure all of that was up to date prior to attempting to send in a ticket a few weeks ago.

Please help.

Comments

• But when your car goes left or right, is it necessary to turn off wheelbase or PC to restore the situation?

Or does your input return on its own and you can continue driving?

• Allan LehtlaAllan Lehtla Member
    edited January 11

hard to tell if its a game signal bug or its coming from fanatec hardware because there are no debugger for this not from game or from fanatec self

or it happens because off windows drivers self, only way figure this out there must be at least 2 debuggers one in game and one in hardware

• try in another game

• if you send successfull a ticket you get a auto-email. if you got no email no support ticket was send to fanatec. because technical support should not take that long for responce.

• Allan LehtlaAllan Lehtla Member
    edited January 11

iracing is not prefect, it could easily be a game bug

• do you must invert the ffb effects in iracing?

1. I do not have to turn off the wheel base. It literally just goes say 1 rotation to the right instantly. I can unwind the wheel and keep going.
    2. I don't have another racing game. I literally only play iRacing.
    3. I have not inverted any FFB effects.

• I tried a new USB port on the back of my computer. I have the latest drivers and firmware. Just happened again. Coming into the pits on about lap 20 under caution. I almost get to pit entry and the tires go hard right while I'm holding the wheel straight. I go all the way to the outside wall and tap it. Turn the wheel a full revolution to the left and I'm back straight. Have to back up, lose all kinds of spots.

THIS SUCKS!!!!!

• So, while your steering wheel is stationary, the car turns its wheels.

Then, you rotate the steering wheel one full revolution and the wheels straighten out.

It could be the position sensor.

Download Raceroom, it's free, you just have to do a few laps of the track and check if the same happens.

• Hi , I have the same problem since recent driver udate , with csl base and ClubSport Steering Wheel RS. I have the problem on grid 2019 , forza motor sport, dakar rallye desert. the problem is not coming from the games it was working fine before

• Install the 451 driver, and downgrade the firmware.

Drivers 454 and 455 have a lot of problems.

Fanatec cannot remove the 455 driver because it is currently the only one for CS DD, but it does not work with other wheelbases.

It would appear that your position sensor suddenly registers a change in position of a full 360 degrees.

• Sorry I've been away for a few weeks that is why I have not followed up. Tonight I loaded up iRacing and I crashed again, twice due to a phantom wheel input. I then uninstalled Driver 455 and installed 451 as per Alessandro's recommendation. First race I joined during practice it happened again. Luckily I was not in a race so I just withdrew so it didn't cost me points. So now I've tried with 451, 454 and 455. At this point honestly I'm beyond pissed. I have over 10K USD in my computer, TV, Stand, Head Tracker, Pedals, Base, Wheel and RSeat and I can't even use it because of this POS. My Clubsport V2.5 base never had an issue.

PC Driver 451

Wheel Base Firmware 3.0.4.3

Motor Firmware 3.0.0.2

Wireless Quick Release Firmware 7

Club Sport Pedals 1.35

Someone from Fanatec respond!!!!!!!!!