DD not powering up

I have CSL DD (8 Nm) (CSL_DD_BK180_US) and it will not power up. All drivers are up to date. I tried all the steps I can do to try and fix it. I put in the help desk ticket but cannot get anyone to help me get it repaired or replaced. I am getting very frustrated. Can anyone please provide me with guidance on how to get my DD fixed or replaced.

I am located in North Carolina, USA.

My contact information is:

Mike Schwind

e-mail: [email protected]

Cell: 910-978-0254.

Comments

• what firmware you have used

• firmware not causing DD for not power up, if you have issue like this you need contact with them

• From the Fanatec FAQ, maybe point 3 could be interesting for you:

In case the wheel base is not able to power up while the PSU is showing no issues and the LED on it is on, please check the following:

1.  Is the power button clicking properly?
    2.  Do you spot any visible damage on the power port on the wheel base?
    3.  In case there are no hardware issues visible, please try to start the base in bootloader mode. Press and hold the power button for 10 seconds while the base is connected to a Windows PC with our driver installed. The firmware update will show up on the screen. Proceed with the update and try to power the base on again.
    4. In case you are using a Podium DD wheel base with a Kill Switch installed, please check if the kill switch button is unlocked. When powering the wheel base off by using the Kill Switch, the button itself stays pressed until it is unlocked. This can be done by turning the button clockwise, as shown by the arrows on it. 

In case the PSU LED is off while the power supply is connected, please check the following:

1.  Inspect the power supply and cables for any damage. (Make sure the PSU is NOT connected to the electrical network!)
    2.  If there is no visible damage, please try connecting the PSU to a different wall socket.

If the power supply LED is not turning on or the troubleshooting above does not help, please reach out to our technical support for further assistance.

• i have the exact same issue after my base was in an RMA.. i couldn´t do anything to get it startet.

Only if i have a wheel on the base attached and push the power button more then 10 times the LCD Display activates for 1s...

Mail to your repair Center and Support is already written (sind 3 days now without any answer).. i really don´t understand whats going on here. The base works fine before, it have only had a little coil whine, thats why it was in the repair center...

• Hey guys finally i can say. Problem solved. It tooks a while and i have done 2 RMA´s instead i get a new Base and there ist no problem at all. Even the Firmware Update process works well.

Out of my first RMA cause of coile whining i had the same Problem (wont power on).. So i went to a second RMA process and get a new Base.