ClubSport Steering Wheel F1 2023 Crashing

Hi, new to the fanatec setup.

I purchased a full setup for black friday and so far its been working well. a few small issues, but i think i was able to get it figured out with the sparco wheel and universal hub.

I use my setup for PC only.

However i received my ClubSport Steering Wheel F1 2023 today and i got it hooked up and updated, and started playing AMS2 and for some reason sometimes it loses its connection or something. the game starts stuttering and i lose force feedback. if i pause the game and alt tab out and back sometimes it comes back for a bit, but its completely un-usable. I can hot swap to the sparko wheel with universal hub and it works great. but as soon as i hook up the F1 wheel, it goes bonkers.

Has anyone else experienced this? I have submitted multiple emails to support for other issues and not received a single one back. so i am afraid to reach out about this or start a return. because i feel i may never get it resolved.

any help would be greatly appreciated!! thanks.

Comments

• maybe it would help if you said which base, which driver, firmware

• I have the new clubsport dd with qr2 connectors, and 455 firmware update. all seem to work just fine with my other wheel. the only issue seems to be for the club sport steering wheel F1 2023, the one that is green. (this one - https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&url=https%3A%2F%2Ffanatec.com%2Fus-en%2Fsteering-wheels%2Fclubsport-steering-wheel-f1-2023-mpm&psig=AOvVaw3pow-DyUQPwDOxjcliVYyl&ust=1705430606240000&source=images&cd=vfe&ved=0CBMQjRxqFwoTCNDV6Z2G4IMDFQAAAAAdAAAAABAE

happy to share anything that will help. i am new to direct drive racing setups. so its very possible i am doing something wrong, but i also dont know what i dont know. so please, if there is anything i can provide that will help in fixing this, i will happily do so.

Thanks for responding!

• MadDog-ICMadDog-IC Member
    edited January 16

@Alan Bell

Issue seems to be a problem between the CS DD base FW, new 455 Driver and Formula v2 Wheels FW. Has been talked about in other forums and may be related to the base's WQR (Wireless Quick Release not communicating correctly), You can't roll back the drivers as 455 is the only one supporting CS DD to date, so will have to wait until Fanatec investigates and corrects drivers and FW for specific hardware.

• i appreciate the response, thank you! i will wait then. hopefully they get this fixed. really sucks having this sweet new wheel and unable to use it. thanks again!

• Gökhan OgulGökhan Ogul Member
    edited January 18

Same here with my F1 Formula Wheel ESports V2! Every time I turn off and restart my CS DD Base, no steering wheel device is found! I have to push-out and push-in the wheel then it works until I turn the base off. The latest firmwares are installed. And I have to remove the steering wheel from enough distance until the connection is lost so that it can be recognized again.

• Very sad indeed not be able to use the new gear, might I suggest you or anyone with the same gear and issue post their complete Fanatec logs here so I or someone from Fanatec may get some clues to what is happening in the background.

• today lost the connetion for ever now. Can't connect with the wheelbase now. The Steering Wheel works fine with my another CSL Base.

• I would be happy to supply logs. i am not exactly sure how to provide that. is there any documentation on where to get that? also, is there anything shared in the logs that i dont want made public? I am in the process of recovering from shoulder surgery, so i may be a bit delayed on this. I will look into getting logs to hopefully better assist in resolving the issue. I love the fanatec gear, so anything i can do to help i will. If you can provide some details on what you need and how i can retrieve it. i will go about that and get it for you. thanks again for your assistance.

• Because still issue with my CS DD and CS F1 Wheel eSports V2:

It's funny, the F1 steering wheel is only recognized when I reinstall the QR firmware again. If I then put the steering wheel on it, the display lights up and is recognized immediately. But as QR version it shows 0.0.0.0 (and that's the only way it works). Even if I restart the Fanatec app it stays that way. I can then also drive with Sims and it is recognized.

When I switch off the base it is over again and it is then no longer recognizedwhether I leave it plugged in or power on it later. Before, it was enough to restart the base without the steering wheel and then plug in the steering wheel, but that no longer works anymore. Now the QR firmware has to be reinstalled every time and

the base has to stay on all day.

• Thanks for the offer, regarding any personal data, there is little to none in the logs, but the DXDIAG.txt does have your system name and lists all of your hardware and a few other things you may or may not be comfortable sharing, you could remove the DXDIAG.txt from the archive before you post on the forum, I don't find it too useful usually anyway.

Generating the collection of Log Files process:

1) Open "Fanatec Control panel" your motor and wheel powered off.

2) Go to bottom right of screen to LOG Settings -> then press the "Collect LOG Files Button", this will open the folder containing all your Archived LOG files, Take note of the latest version by the Time and Date Stamp in the filename, ie "FanatecDiag_21-01-2024_xx-xx-xx.zip".

3) Post in forum with by clicking the "Paper Clip icon" and when asked for the file, browse to the following directory and click the file you generated in step 2: "C:\Users\Public\Fanatec Logs\FanatecDiag_21-01-2024_xx-xx-xx.zip".

• Now my base is dead too. Power On no longer works. :( Waiting for RMA from Fanatec.

• Sorry to here that, didn't think I could help you at all, based on your reports.

Good luck with it all and hope your up and racing ASAP.

• Thank you. sorry for the delay. had a shoulder surgery recently. I will work on getting this over with new logs refreshed after testing the wheel again. so that its new data.

• Gökhan OgulGökhan Ogul Member
    edited February 5

I can call all CS DD owners to install only the 454 driver and waiting for 456. 455 seems to be buggy.

I got my CS DD back from RMA (a new base) and everything works fine now.