A new cooked one AGAIN!

After a first RMA process on a brand new CSL DD 8nm burned after 20 mns Fanatec sent me new CSL 8nm that i received on 12/01/2023. But after update and less than 4 hours of use this time the DD burned again. Currently he just stay on 2 mns the back become really hot and Switch off. If i try after some minutes, this is the same thing everytime.

So like last time i created ticket to support and made videos to prove what i say. So what will happen now i will have to wait again with other RMA during weeks to get a other one faulty? This model of direct drive seems to really have big problems in overheating. My first buy was on 24/11/2023 we are now on 12/01/2024 this is the second CSL i have and i just used it 4 hours in a Half for both. I can't believe what's happening, this direct drive is expensive how can it break so easily. I'm exausted of all this...

Comments

• They may have replaced the product with another that is not completely new, but has already been returned by someone else, checked and/or repaired. So "almost" new.

It is quite common that after the first RMA the problem has not been resolved. There are many videos on YouTube that prove this. It happened to me too, and not just with Fanatec.

• Maybe i don't know, what i know is that new unit and his adaptator have differents serial numbers and in the end it overheated too. So to know what happen to you after that?

• I have my own idea, but it's based on nothing, and it applies to all brands. Repair workshops have a table provided by the manufacturer. The first time they replace some standard parts, or replace the product with another already returned by others, without any investigation. The second time they investigate the problem or replace with a brand new unit.

• edited January 13

Ok thank you, i just tried again some minutes ago in 5nm the back is very hot and it switch off after 2 minutes too i can't do anything. If i ask them to back me the money of this DD will can i use the pedals and shifter with other DD from other brand or not? Otherwise they could send me for third time a other one new or mine repaired and it will burn again? I don't know, in the begining i would get Logitec G29 and then Trustmaster T300 to finally buy this Fanatec and finally all i have is headache, stomachache and nothing to drive :/

• I dont know about compatibility u can always do some reseach about that but good question

• edited January 13

I will have to check yes.

• Compatibility on PC only. You need a Fanatec USB adapter for the shifter and non-load cell pedals. Any Load Cell pedal can be used directly on a PC with the USB socket.

• Yeah when i bought my bundle they add the usb adaptator with my shifter, and to the pedals i got the CSL Elite V2 so i can connect on pc. To be clean i could go see elsewhere then as things turning bad with Fanatec. But first i need to get return of Fanatec, i don't know what they will do with my case yet :/

• 6 days... i sent ticket no answer yet...

• maybe they think you're kidding them

🤣

• I don't know... but i'm serious then.

• just kidding you man. I know it's not easy for you

• No problems, Fanatec is responsible not you.

• The 7th day (Today) i received this morning mails from Fanatec with usual questions about incident and other one with RMA. Now i have to pack all again and go to post office like last time.

• can you tell us who pays that postage when you send it back to them for repair?

• It's Fanatec who paid for me the two times.

• ok, but what is the procedure when you bring the package to the post office, how do you send it without paying?

• edited January 19

It's prepaid postage,with mail they give you a paper to print and you have just to put it on package and write RMA Number too on box and you're good.

• good info

👍️

• Oh no, sorry to hear about this, my RMA from December has just been delivered so am going to test it tonight,

if this one burns out aswell then I’m not going to be happy at all

as they have sent me a replacement rather than repairing

• I got new one too, it worked more than first one . Good Luck!

• Well on this one ffb feels weak

going to try and reinstall drivers tomorrow and see if that fixes it, if not it’s going back

my first one was much better until it smoked out and got hot

mega pissed

• Sorry, yours not burned, it's already better than me.

• edited January 29

I received news from Fanatec today, the second DD i got is now repaired. Fanatec gave me tracking number so wait and see...

• Returned back on 30/01, tried on 01/02 less than 2 hours in one session on 2 games (AC/FH5) Always working.