Is anybody having a trouble free experience with your clubsport dd?

Coil whine, not powering on, burning smell, bricking after firmware update. I really wanted one of these bases, but cancelled my order after numerous forum complaints. Is ANYBODY'S base working trouble free?

Comments

• you do realise that most poeple who got it dont go on the forums i am sure its a small % that has isseus only like every electronic device

• you did well. Simagic mini is a better option than cs dd

• dont listen to zeko he is just a troll that just want to see the company burn whatever happens

• You were right to cancel. Of course the problems are only a small percentage, but customer service doesn't respond, and people write here. The perception that all Fanatec products are defective is perhaps incorrect, but it is still Fanatec's fault. I wouldn't spend €800 on a product that doesn't have customer service.

• The situation is like anything over all of time, they who have a good time/experience/outcome will tell 5 people.

They that have had a poor time/experience/outcome will tell everyone as loudly as possible.

The internet just gives the unfortunate people that have had a bad experience a wider audience (who specifically google "problems with XXX product") to complain too.

• It doesn't really work like that. If you Google "product XXX problems" it's really unlikely you'll find as many complaints as you can now find against Fanatec. Even real scammers don't have that many bad reviews, because they can't scam that many people before getting caught.

I assure you that today, people have no time to waste.

A negative experience almost always becomes a positive review when the company resolves the problem promptly and professionally. People really appreciate this kind of thing, as it goes from despondency to tranquility.

You will always find a handful of negative reviews on even the best products and companies, but not hundreds or thousands.

The fact that Fanatec, for at least 6 months, not only does not seem to be able to solve the problems that it itself is causing to its customers, but is still stuck in the previous phase, is unable to respond to requests for assistance. And when he answers he always has this arrogant and unsympathetic attitude.

Believe me, these aren't just normal complaints from dissatisfied customers, it seems like something more serious. Maybe it's not too late to stop and solve their problems, but they don't seem to be doing so. They are continuing to sell products they don't have, accumulating delay after delay.

• @Zeko Zekan — I was use Alpha Mini and Alpha, it not bad competitor for CSL DD, but not CS DD/DD+. Main issue is overheating, after 30 minutes race in iRacing I can't hold my hand on base surface. On the official Simagic Discord, they told about 70°C and that normal. For me — that not right. When using Alpha I was decrease the max torque to 10nM that allow decrease overheating but not solve problem. Second issue — that input lag, that bases feel more slowly then CSL DD. First few hours I was miss every apex, after few weeks with Simagic and back to Fanatec I found, that turn early in every corner.

Now I cancled my DD+ order and stay with CSL DD :( My friends with simagic bases told about good software update which boost up base speed and reduce cogging. I'm hope they create new line of bases with permamnt torque and hi slew rate, it allow switch to their eco system and forget about fanatec. Wheels, pedals and shifters — is more interesting that in fanatec now. Waiting for base and software.

• I don't know what you tested and when, but everyone says that Simagic is much better, especially since they have a new driver.

iR is a problem everywhere. you need to test Simagic in other simulations and then draw a conclusion. it's always in the settings. csl dd also overheats, except that csl doesn't have a safety setting for 70C like Saimagic has when it starts reducing the power, which drops slightly. you have everything proven on youtube videos.

• I was use simagic in iR and ACC, in ACC overheating is more dramatically.

CSL DD with boost kit I bought in first way, that mean more then 3 years and haven't overheating issue. Little bit warm, but no more. I admit that the Fanatec changed something in the CSL DD production process and it began to heat up like crazy, but this does not appear on my copy.

But I strongly recommend every who wants to buy simagic get test drive on it and check temperature.

• it is said everywhere, and I especially advocate the use of fans mounted on bases, both at the factory immediately, and after the users buy.

but mostly warm-ups happen using the "wrong" setup.

Recently, there is a bad trend of all driver/firmer upgrades from all manufacturers. no one is an isolated case.

but things are gradually improving with new upgrades. with the fact that users report that with the same settings they had before, now with the new driver/firmer, their ffb is much weaker. and the complete setting must be reset.

it seems that one team started with the wrong driver/firmware and the rest were copy/paste and now many have problems how to fix it with upgrades. with going for a better feel ffb, but obviously it has to happen some time to program the new settings properly.

and it is always recommended that when the bases are very heated, to try adjusting the complete ffb differently.

this is nothing new, because such a system is also applied to backward systems from Logitech and Thrustmuster, etc.

in the end it all boils down to brain muscle training. when everything is ideally set, even if the user doesn't have a good feeling that he doesn't feel it strongly enough, after a while everything will settle down when the brain muscle work.

• Unless I see a few people post about nothing but baseful bliss, I'll probably wait for ClubSport DD v2