Fanatec does not answer emails

Is it normal that when faced with a problem with my Wheel Base podium that I must surely send for repair due to a problem in the update on their part, with warranty and everything, they do not answer the emails I send them?

A problem that has been going on for three weeks now, that I have completely paralyzed, I write them emails and receive no response. The Wheel Base is under warranty, I have called them and they get an answering machine.

I just don't know what I can do, if I have to be patient, or if something happens that I do, because they don't answer anything. The last email is from a week ago.

Comments

• 1 week is low amount of time some poeple have been waiting for a couple weeks for a reply from rma

• They respond very slowly.

Just to understand if you did things the right way.

Have you opened a ticket?

Did you receive a generic automatic response?

Are the emails you send them linked to the ticket you opened?

• If you used PayPal to purchase your wheel open a ticket with them.

I did this when I ordered the new QR2 and got involved with the whole warehouse mess that was going on. I had no response from Fanatec when chasing my order, so in the end I opened a ticket with PayPal. Guess what.... I got a response the next day from Fanatec through PayPal.

I asked for a full refund in the end which I got. :)

• Good Morning Alessandro,

As soon as the problem appeared after the update on December 25, I sent them an email. They answered me in 1 week. To send some videos and a series of steps. I sent everything to him. THE next email was last week, saying that he was preparing a shipment for me to review the Wheel Base at his factory....since then, nothing at all, I have sent him 4 emails on different days. And without news of any kind. And after almost a month, I'm still at the same point as when it broke.

But is it normal that they don't answer? Is it normal not to know anything else? It has me worried, in case they leave me stranded without repairing the base, which is under warranty.

• Unfortunately, if I could do that, I would do it right away, but my base Wheel was bought second-hand from someone else a few months ago, it's practically new, it was a good purchase, but I can't return it. What it does have is a warranty, because it only has 1 year now.

Without a doubt, Paypal puts a lot of pressure on companies so that everything goes well, for me it is one of the best payment methods. But I can't do anything here.

• My concern is: Is it normal that it takes so long??? Are they going to leave me stranded without repairing my base? Because they don't answer with anything, they take so long to answer. I don't understand how a company like this can go this way.

I have called them and they do not answer the phone, they have an answering machine.

• Yes, this is normal at the moment. They are overwhelmed by the problems they create, the longer they take to respond, the more people will be in line waiting for a response.

Since I have been a Fanatec customer it has always happened that the company was overwhelmed by orders. However, the products ran out, sales stopped, and slowly the staff managed to catch up with the requests. Then the new products arrive and all the chaos starts again.

Now the situation seems out of control, it seems that they have sold too much and continue to do so. You can't do anything but wait I'm afraid, if they have already replied to you, it means that they have your report and will contact you sooner or later.

• It is a great peace of mind to know that they take me into account, but I would not like to be unemployed with my team for several months, and that is what I fear is what will happen unfortunately.

It's not all about selling, selling, and selling. The more they sell, the more problems there will be. I have a base podium wheel that cost me 1,500 euros, which is not 200 euros and I need quick solutions and service. I can't spend weeks and months like this.

So far, I have only had 1 email per week, and this week no emails. They told me they would send me an RMA to send the base, and I'm still waiting. And they don't answer my emails. I don't know what it's hard to say, we're with it. Now it gives me the feeling that they have forgotten me.

• I hope you'll get an answer soon...

Unfortunately I'm in the same boat :( Sent them a ticket with a detailed summary of my problem, included screenshots and a video.

I got the automated response immediately and a week later a first reply that did not help at all. Basically it was some general troubleshoot steps i already went through before sending my ticket (plus telling me one product in my account is missing a serial number). But they probably did not read my text and did not watch the video as my problem seems a common issue and can only be solved with an RMA (that's what Maurice Böschen said in similar threads).

I replied within an hour or so and since then nothing... the next week is passing

After spending several thousand euros in the last few months I'm really disappointed.