Error could not initiate xbox mode

Please can anybody help me with this... It's a brand new set up, everything is up to date (Drivers and software)... I am using all original Fanatec equipment and wires. Fanatec CSL DD, McLaren GT3 V2 wheel & Xbox Series X.

Tried different ports on the Xbox.

It was working perfectly before, now I can't play at all as it won't go into Xbox Mode at all.

Comments

• MadDog-ICMadDog-IC Member
    edited January 18

Latest Drivers v455, Base and Wheel FW has introduced the problem of no Xbox mode for the CSL DD's and McClaren GT3 Wheel not detecting at all or faulty operation, only fix is to roll back drivers to v451 (Most stable than 452,453,454) and roll back Base and Wheel FW to previous versions manually (Caution: Could cause non functioning gear if not done right). Other option is to wait until Fanatec release a new update to address the issue.

Could also be the drive shaft slipping out of motor port because clamping system is known not to hold properly and when shaft moves forward it loses connection in the USB port at the end of the drive shaft inside the motor (Symptoms are usually loss of FFB, some buttons not working or Wheel not detected at all.

• penso di avere lo stesso problema si

accende il led verde ma poi passa di nuovo nella modalita pc.

• edited January 18

*** UPDATE ***

I seemed to have fixed it!!

I saw many people saying about the shaft may have come loose... I thought that can't be the case, it is brand new and it doesn't look loose when comparing to online pictures... I was so frustrated I tried everything else I thought I'd give it a go. I loosened up the bolt on the C clamp, unplugged the shaft, and gently pushed it back in. Tightened it up and it immediately let me go into Xbox mode!

• MadDog-ICMadDog-IC Member
    edited January 19

Thanks for letting us know, the shaft disconnect issue can happen often, others with the problem have replaced the U clamp on shaft with a better clamp with a two piece C clamp, dual bolt - one each side and 12nm torque force on bolts.

• Hi, I'm glad you solved it. Can you tell me your drive version? if 451-452-453-454-455.

Thank you so much.