New 2024 Clubsport DD 12nm Firmware and Update issues

Today my Clubsport DD arrived.

After changing the CSL DD against the CS DD i tried to Update everything.

In fact its not possible to Update the Wheelbase QR PCBA.

In the following you find Screenshots. I hope to solve this problem asap.

Comments

• I had this "Problem" with both of my CS DD's

You've detached the Wheel before Updating the WQR? The WQR Update only works when no Wheel is attached.

You can try to shut down the Wheelbase, completly close the Fanatec Software on your PC. Switch the USB Port you use to connect your base and then restart the fanatec software, then the Base and try it again. That works for my new Base.

With my First base i had to select the manual Update function in the Fanstec Software and then manualy update the WQR.

If nothing works for you i guess it's Time to get in Touch with the technical Support.

• OMG, im Sorry, i saw too late that the wqr Firmware shows 0.0.0.0.

It seems that something goes wrong during the Update or was wrong Out of the Box.

Anyway, you can try it with the manual Update/Device recovery.

• Dude you are my hero! well it worked. just used another USB port. WTF?!?!

• You'r welcome!

Sometimes it's really Strange how little things can cause big problems.

So enjoy you'r new Base, you will love it :)

• Yeah so small things are solving such a big issue.

Thanks mate!

• edited January 19

Hey guys. Has someone contacted the technical support before? Just as a general question.

After 2 months my CS DD finally arrived. Firmware updates worked, and I had fun with it the first day. On the second day (yesterday) the wheelbase won't turn on. The power supply LED is on, the Fanatec logo is displayed on the wheel's display but no reaction and no LED on the CS DD. Bootloader doesn't work as well.

I filled out the technical support form but when I submit it, I don't get a confirmation by mail or by the website itself. Did you get any initial feedback that a support ticket was created and how long was your turnaround time with the support?

• edited January 19

Welcome to the club.

I write to fanatec support 2 weeks ago and only 1 response that not solve the problem.

I'm waiting for new response.

https://forum.fanatec.com/discussion/29594/my-clubsport-dd-12nm-base-not-power-on#latest

• Hey Justus, if you send a Ticket to the technical Support, you will receive an automatic reply mail quiet quick. If you dont get the reply Mail, i guess your ticket was not submitted.

Maybe try again while using another Browser. Some people stated that they have problems with different browsers.

In my case, after three days i got an reply from the Support with some additional requests and after i checked these Points i had to send my Base back an got a new one this week.

• Ok i will try it, thank you!

• I did it with Safari before and with Chrome it worked. Got the confirmation mail instantly. Thank you!

• You'r Welcome.

It will take some days until you get a response from the Support, but in my case the whole process takes about 3 weeks from first Contact until i received a new Base.

But to be honest, this was between christmas and new year, so this timeframe was completly ok for me.

• HUHUHU, im jealous of you guys how you enjoy your new DD wheel base :(. i have CS DD too and mc laren wheel v2 with QR2 PRO. to be honest, i really miss to drive it at the ACC again. everyday and everytime i look on it. it's quite painful seeing it without solutions and answered question thru email. I'm tired of researching and finding troubleshooting. I gave up. i just said to myself, that sometimes " Money can,t buy happiness. ". Its traumatic experience in whole entire life. esp i dont have a spare wheel to play while waiting for response.

• with simucube, money can buy happiness, Fanatec is so awfull ,I won't buy this CS DD :)

• I got my CS DD back from RMA (a new base) and everything works fine now. I have only installed the 454 driver without any issue. Now I'll wait until driver 456 and skip the buggy 455 driver that has bricked some CS DDs.

• just noticed my F1 wheel will not be recognized after power off and on again when attached on the base. When I plug out and in again then it workd. After booting the QR Firmware shows the number 0.0.0.0 and when I plug out and in the wheel then it show 1.0.0.3 and the wheel will be reconized. Tested with Driver 455 same result.