Podium Module Rally Question

Yesterday I just received my new Clubsport DD base that I ordered. I got my Podium Module Rally hooked up to it and played EA WRC for a couple of hours with no issues.

My question (or issue) is that, I seemingly cannot use this wheel with any other game. I tried Dirt Rally 2, and my wheel wasn't showing up, tried both Assetto Corsa games just to see what would happen and nothing. I can only use this with WRC 2023. Is this wheel just not compatible with any other game as of yet?

Comments

• Braking_BadlyBraking_Badly Member
    edited January 19

That's odd, what Hub do you have? I have podium hubs.

Mine works great with ACC, I have designated sll the buttons and changed the colours.

For WRC23 it does nothing, I have to navigate with the controller?

• I also have the podium hub. Everything on the module functions perfectly fine, it is detected properly in Fanalabs. Just the only game it works for is WRC.

• No to interrupt, but I am about to build a 2nd Rally Module Wheel. Can you post a profile pic of the cube controls wheel so i can see how far out the module sits? I have been back and forth on ordering the leather version of that rim. also is your APM working and are you on 455 Driver?

• Braking_BadlyBraking_Badly Member
    edited January 19

Hello, sure.

Latest driver as of last week.

The first BMR came before Xmas and needed updating, yhe 2nd came last week and did not need updating.

APM works, I have not got the MPS to work yet but I believe they do if set correctly.

Will get a picture and some measurements tomorrow 👍

• Thank you so much! I can't wait!

I do have one BMR on a Univeral Hub with a Momo 300 with a dish of 39mm cuz my Podium seems busted... And I have APM in a box because I read there are currently issues on 455. Maybe ill get out the tools and install them today

But 455 with latest Fanalabs works super nice. MPS do work for me. Auto or Encoder seems to be the ez route. I've been playing AMS2 lately and they're great, but the middle one is not supported in AMS2.

My plan is to do a 320 round with no paddles for road cars, drifting, and rally, and have a GT3 version with the APM as well. I keep seeing this wheel rim and the only thing stopping me, other than spending more money on sim stuff, is if the BMR is flush with the front of the rim. I tried it on a flat Fanatec rim and i did not like how far out it sits.

So thanks again!

• Update: now it's not even working in WRC23. But everything is still recognized properly in the Fanatec Controller settings and Fanalab.

• Im not sure if this is a clubsport issue, but i saw some podium issues from the drivers, which is why im waiting for a new driver release to see if i need a new one. As I stated above I think mine is broken, but I have seen reports of issues. I was sort of reading this post and thinking mine must be broken if both of yours and Breaking's are working on the 455 driver.

However you stated that it's working in the Fanatec software and mine has done everything from only being recognized after powering my dd1 off and then on after attaching it to just not recognizing it. When i had QR1 i just had a wheel attached to it and enabled torque by turning the wheel. Since updating to QR2 and attaching the BMR it was just acting terrible.

• When I was playing yesterday I was on the 454 driver. Went back on to play today on that same driver, and it was no longer recognized in game. Updated to 455, and it still isn't recognized in game. Tried different USB ports. Rebooting my computer, unplugging the wheel from the base, nothing worked.

Guess I'm just SoL, cause I can't even test my other wheel on the new base cause it has QR1... This is ridiculous. Been trying to be one of the people defending Fanatec, cause I've never had issues. Looks like I can't say that anymore.

• Not sure if you've been on this post but it's Clubsport and has someone from Fanatec on it here and there: https://forum.fanatec.com/discussion/664/clubsport-wheel-bases-discussion/p1

I am assuming your issue is with the base.

• I could be wrong. There are just a lot of issues posted there. So dig through there a bit.

• Now I am seriously lost. I just put my old setup back together that I have been using for years. CSW 2.5 with Formula V2 Wheel and CSL Pedals. I now have the same issue here as my new setup.. Shows up fine in Fanatec settings, but doesn't show up in any of my games.

• Yikes. OK. I'm assuming this is all on PC since you're using Fanalabs.

But there are a few things I would look at on your old setup from your results:

1. Driver/Firmware. BTW when i update or downgrade drivers I always remove, restart, install, restart my computer. Then do firmware. I don't really have the confidence to mange firmware. It's just a little scary to me. Also skimming through your troubleshooting to this point I don't see anywhere that you downgraded firmware when going back to 454. If you haven't already. go to the 454 and 455 driver pages and compare what you have in your Fanatec Software vs the version you have installed and the list on Page 1 of the Driver Post.
    2. Formula V2 has so many issues right now. I don't know why. My V2 is with a friend and they are running 451 on DD Pro. That works fine. But it wont work for Clubsport Wheel Base. Can you try another older wheel on your CSW? I assume CSW runs on older driver/firmwares???
    3. If nothing works for your old setup all of the sudden. I start to wonder if it's Windows causing the problem. Which I wouldn't even know where to start. And i wouldn't even know if reformatting would do anything here, and i wouldn't know how to chase down the culprit. But because nothing works? It starts to look like it could be a bigger issue.

Also note, I have never used a CSW base. So i am pretty lost there.

• Well. I had to pull out all the stops. Did a Windows reset and now it is working on driver 454, at least on EA WRC again. Praying that it works on my other games that are currently downloading.

Thanks for all the help!

• That's good to hear! It's hard to be a sim racer sometimes :/ Best of luck!

• edited January 21
    same problem here
    The Podium Button Module is recognized in Fanalab. 
    In EA WRC only Podium Hub is displayed and there is no menu control. 
    Buttons for lights on/off, changing tires or windshield wipers can be assigned and work.

sorry, qoute was missing

• same problem here
    The Podium Button Module is recognized in Fanalab. 
    In EA WRC only Podium Hub is displayed and there is no menu control. 
    Buttons for lights on/off, changing tires or windshield wipers can be assigned and work.

• on steam people have issues with wheels and they must deacivate under preferences-controller- steam imput deaktivate or default settings