CSL DD 8nm Stops working for 1-1.5 seconds

Hello there I am suffering from the following issue, it lasts for 1-1.5 seconds and occurs randomly during the race, it can happen 1 time per week, 1 time per day, 1 time per race, or every 2-10minutes in a single race there is no strict rule when it does happen am i just going straight or turning:

1. Wheelbase loses FFB and with a small force tries to rotate in a random(or to the right) direction, the game ignores steering input, and after 1-1.5 seconds it is back again and I can steer in the game and continue the race.

2. Buttons do not work when this happens(tried to shift the gear but nothing happens)

3. After this happens it feels like FFB power is lowered about to 5NM instead of 8NM.

Also, there is no USB blinking sound when this happens, so it seems not USB-related.

Usually, after the PC and Wheel base restart issue is solved for some time, but it can return, and it is random when it can happen.

My wheelbase is new ~2 months and I now realize that I have suffered from this issue initially from the beginning, but it was happening rarely 1-2 times per week and I wasn't able to understand what is it, was thinking about some track effect or so. But recently this issue started to appear more frequently a few times per race or even once I had it each 2-5 minutes.

So this issue was there already on older Driver and Firmware versions.

I already tried this guide https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q73Kw6knoBQ but my shaft was already placed properly by the manufacturer and I was not able to put it deeper. Taking it out and back, however, didn't change anything.

Already wrote to fanatec support to have a feedback, but meanwhile maybe any ideas what wrong?

Comments

• zeko zekanzeko zekan Member
    edited January 23

did you have the usb connected directly to the motherboard?

if your base is screwed to a metal rig, have you grounded the rig?

• USB is connected to the PC front panel port, no to MB directly, why does it matter?

Rig is metal, but its coated(painted) and do not provide electricity, need to remove some coating in order to connect it to wire.

Also does rig needs to be grounded or wheel base? Also did not find empty metal where i can attach grounding to wheelbase it is fully coated.

• That's exactly the point, the paint on your rig, which is insulating, wears out slightly under the stresses of the FFB. At that point the discharge occurs, which pierces the insulation. This is how a fault works where there is an electrical discharge. The fault disappears, but at that point the insulation is weakened. Then it will happen again, and again, more and more frequently. Probably, if you could measure it with an instrument, you would register a potential difference between the rig and wheelbase as soon as you turn on the engine. Use one of the bolts with which you fixed the wheelbase to connect the rig to the ground pin of your home system. You will have to remove the paint there.

Alternatively, you could benefit from using ferrite cores on the USB cable connecting the PC to Wheelbase, in addition to and close to those that are already there.

• Grounding did not help.

Will try ferrite cores once get them, but I'm sceptical about it.

• Grounding did not help.

Will try ferrite cores once get them, but I'm sceptical about it.

• Connecting wheel base directly to motherboard panel via USB 2.0 without any HUBs and extension cords did solved the issue.