Nov 21 Order, just shipped, 5 Items in 5 different packages & 5 tracking numbers, duh

Hey Fanatec,

When i ordered the new QR2 for base with 2 wheel side ones, i also ordered 2 pedal dampers. The pedal dampers were in stock at the time and the QR2 were marked as Dec 14 avail.

Order said will ship when all items in stock.

Of course then the Pedal dampers show up weeks later as out of stock.

Now when you do finally ship you send 5 different packages...is that not really dumb??

You could have shipped the pedal dampers right away while we waited for the QR2 to become available.

Now guess what arrives today, 1 package with QR2 base side. All the other packages are still on route.

Does it not cost you more to send 5 different packages. Why wait to ship until it is all in stock if you don't even bother to put it all in one box? So dumb.

Comments

• Jon KramerJon Kramer Member
    edited January 23

This is how Fanatec does it.

They will not ship the order until everything is in stock.

If you ordered something that was in stock but later goes out of stock after you ordered it, your order of that part has been reserved for you in the warehouse until all of you order is in stock, then it will got to "Handover to Warehouse" and start the warehouse pick and ship process.

Everything is in its' own separate box.

Fanatec does not do the warehousing and actual shipping of their products. They contract out to a third party company to warehouse, pick and ship their products.

Because of this, they have to wait for everything to be in stock at said third party warehouse before the order can be shipped.

Because each product is in it's own shipping packaging on the warehouse shelves, each piece/box is just picked, shipping labeled and then shipped.

I know, it's strange, weird, wrong and not very efficient, but that's how they roll.

• Just be glad that everything you ordered is shipped and in route (tracking). This means you will actually get what you ordered.

A lot of people still waiting.

And waiting.

And waiting.

• I feel your pain but I'm also excited that an order from 21-Nov has been dispatched, means there's hope for my 23rd-Nov order.

• A little good news. Been waiting on my nov 22 order that went into warehouse status on Jan 6 and still not shipped. But atleast someone who ordered near my order date got their order. When I ordered all was in stock except the qr2 wheel side which was preorder for Dec 15. Been crickets ever since and probably not getting anytime soon 😞 (dd1, wheel qr2 combo)

• The "handed over to warehouse" part is the confusing part because information on what it means isn't provided by Fanatec. Does this status mean all your items are in stock and will be picked and shipped ASAP or does it just mean you are now in the que for items to be picked once they are in stock. it is just frustrating and annoying to spend 1k-3k on equipment to be left on the porch ringing the doorbell with no answer.