Driver update wrecks wheels

Mid game during a race my wheel dropped off for a second and came back very weak feeling. Then drops out completely running me into a wall. Back outta race to find a 455 firmware update trying to load. I approved it and neither wheel has worked since Sunday morning 1/21. I tried to use different firmware drivers 451, 452, 455 with no success. Everytime I load the driver it immediately take me back to the flash screen for an update. I approve update and it downloads. And then immediately returns to download over and over again. It never works nor fully completes as usable. This has left me dead in the water on a lot of expensive gear. I need help clearly.

Comments

• YES!!! I am having the exact same issue!!!! Along with whit I call micro-clipping that eventually escalates into a full-on shut down and a left turn into the wall.

Any solutions so far?

Possibly rest to previous driver?

• I think the update has bricked my wheels. Waiting to hear back from Fanatec Tech Support. Can take up to 7 days to respond. WoW...

• same here, mi DD1 died mid race and can't turn it on. all after 455 FW.

• WoW! Sorry to hear I am not the only one. No telling how long this will take to get them fixed either 🫤. Up to 7 days for a reply from Fanatec. If we have to send them back it could take months.

• Luis AlbinoLuis Albino Member
    edited January 25

• Has anyone tried another wheel using thr same base? I suspect the issue to be wheel firmware related and NOT base firmware related. Meaning I wonder if you could get another wheel and get back to racing? Or is the firmware affecting the base somehow and no matter the wheel attached to the base you won't get past the firmware update endless cycle again?

• The firmware affecting the base. It'll brick the Wireless Quick Release (an internal chip board) on some Podium F1 base (like mine). You can't fix that if you get the WQR error. Hope Fanatec fix my base for free, and just waiting for their email on status since it was delivered on Tuesday.

• If my wheels aren't connected the base seems to be fine. Once I connect a wheel thats when thibgs go to s**t. I have a DD Base. When the wheel gets connected it goes back to the firmware flash update but never completes just goes into a returning update/download never ending cycle.

And this 7 days to get back to a customer is NOT acceptable. Hire some people! Thousand of dollars in components sitting there unusable. Not acceptable on any level. 7 days?!!

• Did you created the support ticket via the product page within your account? If you just emailing without doing that way, it’ll take a bit longer. I’m in the US and get response within 1-2 days

• I'm US as well. I filled out Tech support on their page. Submitted Tuesday. Not hear a peep.

• Just checked. I used the app under my account clicked support next to the product I bought and submitted it Tuesday. Nothing yet.

• Gökhan OgulGökhan Ogul Member
    edited January 28

same with Clubsport DD too, Driver 455 kills a lot of them after firmware updates. F1 Wheels will not recognize or the base is bricked after power off or goes off mid game.

• WOW! This is a mess! If this is the way its gonna be with Fanatec I'll get mine Fanatec gear back up and running and sell it all and move to Simucube. 7 days to wait for Tech Support? That's ridiculous!!

• Ok. Got my issue resolved today on my own. I read that the shaft the wheel connects to has an issue of coming lose at the opposite side where the wheel connects to the shaft. The other side has a C USB inside that after time can work loose from inside. The clamp that holds the shift in place just needs to be loosened, reinsert shaft to make a good connecting for the C USB, tighten down clamp and your wheel should appear. Fixed. It wasn't a firmware issue after all. Even thought it kept telling me base was connected to wheel it was not connected good enough. Hope this helps.

• I tried this option with 'loose shaft' however, this haven't helped for long time. There is an info to screw it with 10-15Nm of strenght (i bought dynamometric key specifically for this...). I was able to play for around an hour later it came back to its previous state, looping firmware updates one after another.