Automatic To Clutch Conversion

New to SIM racing so don't be too hard on me. My questions might be dumb till I learn the ropes.

(Equipment) CSL DD wheel base, CSL McLaren GT3 V2 wheel, CSL Pedals, CSL Pedals Load Cell Kit

Currently not using Load Cell Kit, just accelerator / brake - Shifting is automatic

Once I add the Load Cell Kit to my pedals, will it automatically go to manual shifting

thru my wheel with paddles vs automatic because it sees the Load Cell Kit and clutch connected?

Thanks!

Comments

• No, this is all dealt with in the in-game menu for each game and not dependent of the hardware connected. Some games allow you to use/not use the clutch as well.

• no you must select this always ingame

• You can use the manual, sequential gearbox, using the paddles behind the steering wheel, even with just 2 pedals, without using the clutch. The clutch will be automatic for starts, or you can use the analog paddles behind the steering wheel.

This is the most competitive way to play, you will be much faster than with automatic transmission, managing the gear change yourself. And obviously you will be infinitely faster than those opponents who have to manage the H gearbox. The clutch is only used for simulation purposes, many simracers still use pedal sets with only 2 pedals even when they have a load cell. You can simply replace the brake pedal with LC, without fitting any clutch.