Failed USB type B port on DD1

Hello,

Has anyone taken apart a DD1 and replaced the USB type b port? Mine was a little loose from the beginning and has now finally failed! Replacing it is the easy part! It's a basic solder job to remove the old port and replace it with a new one!

My question is how easy is it to gain access to the board in the back? I watched Boosted media's break down but he never removed the board or flipped it over so I could see if there was access to the bottom!

I dred the idea of sending the wheel base across the entire country to replace a $5 part since I don't have the original packaging but that's probably what I'll have to do! Such a bummer with the 1.9.6 and the GT2/Red Bull ring was just released on ACC!

I'm more afraid of the wheel base being damaged during shipping than I am of taking it apart and soldering on a new port! The wheel base is approximately 2.5 years old so not sure if the port would be covered under warranty!

I had a feeling it was gonna be that port or the power connection that failed! Those wires are heavy and put a decent stain on those connections.

Comments

• Once you have the back off, the board can be removed from the rear assembly. Should all be obvious enough when you have it in front of you.