Bricked podium dd1 and Fanatec customer service

Hi! First of all, I have been Fanatec's customer for many years and bought several thousand euros worth of products from them. Never before have I had any issues with Fanatec, every order has been delivered to me fast, and every product has worked without issues. The reason I came here is because I want to express my big disappointment about the way Fanatec seems to handle things when it comes to problems with their products.

Almost a month ago, I was updating the podium dd1's firmware, and for some reason the update didn't go through. The same day (3.1.) I sended them a ticket about the issue, as the base now seems bricked. 5 days later they asked me to send a short video of the issue. I did. Few days later I asked, have the received the video. Again few days went, and then they replied: "Sorry No, we haven't received a video, have a nice day."

Ok. I sended another video, but still haven't got a reply. Almost a full month later, I haven't received any support for my issue. I have tried everything, including forcing firmware update, but my computer doesn't even recognize the base. Only the fans starts spinning at full power when I keep pressing power button, and the wheel is turning for few seconds. Even the screen is completely black.

I'm very sad and cannot understand why Fanatec chooses to treat customers like this. I guess my only option is to just wait and hope that they reply me with instructions to send the base back for firmware reinstalling or something. If anyone can help me, I would be very grateful.

Comments

• I wish they would spend as much money on service as they do on marketing.

• Update: Today I received a RMA code and sent the base back to Fanatec for repairs. Even though the e-mail replies seem to usually take a few days, the support has been very friendly and understanding lately. Feeling hopeful that I'll be back to simracing soon :)