DD1 firmware,where to get it?

My DD1 is on old firmware (wheelbase 691,motor 42) and so I have to use an old driver 439,as with anything else newer the wheelbase is not recognised.

It's now developed the 'max rotations exceeded' error. I've raised a ticket with Fanatec but haven't heard back yet.

I bet they will ask me to update the firmware first.

But how do I do that? The newer driver (eg 455) won't recognise the wheel base, while the older driver does not contain the newer firmware files. I presume I need to download the latest firmware and then do a manual firmware update to install it using the 439 driver. But where do I get the actual files from?

Also what order should I do it in to avoid bricking the device. Wheelbase 1st then the motor or the other way round? I'm worried that if one is updated I will then lose access to the device and not be able to update theother with a compatible version and the device will become unreadable!.

Thanks so much for any help!

Comments

• how old is your hardware? you really should try install 451 instead tho than 455

• MadDog-ICMadDog-IC Member
    edited February 14

Here is a link below to answer you questions, VIEW POSTS to see Maurice explain, always update DD1 MOTOR FW first then BASE FW other wise you brick it (At some Driver stage they had a safe guard implemented in the Auto FW Updater so the wrong order couldn't happen).

Recommend to update to either of these as I have personally used them for my DD1 F1 PS4 setup over 1 year:

Driver v447 - A minimum so you get updated to the new 3.0.0.x series for both Motor and Base FW.

Driver v451 - Was a very stable version for 8-9 months so highly recommend.

Driver v455 - Whilst currently working for me, others have issues with Xbox mode and other gremlins, so would give it a miss for the moment.

Changelog of driver 447

*** Firmware versions included ***

• Podium DD1 / DD2 Base      : 3.0.0.6   (NEW)

• Podium DD1 / DD2 Motor   : 3.0.0.2   (NEW)

Changelog of driver 451

• Podium DD1 / DD2 Base      : 3.0.1.4   

• Podium DD1 / DD2 Motor   : 3.0.0.2

Changelog of driver 455

• Podium DD1 / DD2 Base      : 3.0.4.3   (NEW)

• Podium DD1 / DD2 Motor   : 3.0.0.2

• Updating Motor and Base FW:

Turn off DD1 and remove Steering Wheel.

Uninstall Fanatec v439 driver and reboot computer.

Install Driver v447 or v451 into windows and reboot computer again.

Turn on DD1 with 2-3 second button press, should still have no wheel attached and let the base be detected, if it doesn't detect make sure it is PC MODE, by checking the TOP Left corner of motors LCD, which should say PC. If not in PC mode you may have to cycle the modes by putting the Steering Wheel back and using the button combos for your wheel to do the PC -> PC Compatability -> PS4 -> PS4 Compatability mode changing.

Normal FW update mode:

Check "Firmware Update" -> "Open Firmware manager" -> Press the "Update Button" to automatically install updates as needed and supposedly in the correct order to stop bricking.

or

Manual FW Update Mode: To do each component by yourself if you think you need to or know better and like to live dangerously ;-)

Check "Firmware Update" -> "Open Firmware manager" -> Tick the "Manual Firmware Update / Device Recovery" selection at Top Right of window.

Press the "Manual Motor Firmware Update Button" to install the new firmware, it will have the correct one selected by default and you only have to hit the "Flash Button".

Press the "Manual Base Firmware Update Button" to install the new firmware, it will have the correct one selected by default and you only have to hit the "Flash Button".

Follow any other instructions after that, such as installing wheels and calibration gear, etc.

Reboot whole system and see if all works.