I have repeatedly asked for a refund over 2 months and Fanatec continue to ignore! Wtf?

@James @Fanatec

What is wrong with your customer service, no way have you got actual people answering emails because they keep ignoring my demand for a refund and keep giving me updates about the order instead??

My original order was lost and instead of processing my refund you created another order instead and now you are again ignoring my refund demands, instead directing me to check my account for more information??

I am currently waiting on the dispute to be processed through the bank anyway but this is just comical at this point. You are deliberately ignoring refund requests and holding people's money indefinitely. This is beyond unethical practice at this point, you lot are behaving like actual scammers!

What the actual fuck is wrong with you Fanatec?

Comments

• edited January 30

Hi I am in the same boat. Fedex lost my package. Radio silence from Fanatec. Did you get any help? I am new here but I've seen many similar complaints. Anyone in this website know if any kind of law enforcement or regulators are getting involved with Fanatec's consumer practices?

• If you paid with your CC, that will take months, but if paid through PayPal, you’ll get your money back in a couple of days. They know this company is messed up.

• At this point I'm going to send them an email twice a day until I get a response from them. It's ridiculous!!

• Mario StrelecMario Strelec Member
    edited February 1

Similar case with mine.

In November I send them DD1 for repair, they repaired it (the whole communication and repair was really quick), I got quotation for repair and besides cost of they service, new pcb and cost of shippment, there was an extra DD1 and QR2 base side in it for free (not to my fault) which i accepted.

During finalization of order (i guess because of QR2 base side from quotation) I got offered to buy QR2 wheel side with 50eur discount, so I bought it.

Few days later, package arives, but there was no QR2 base side in it, but more importantly there was no QR2 wheel side for which i paid extra.

I wrote them an email a minutes after i opened package, and aganin a few days later, even open a CRM ticket where i explain them very precisely the whole situation, but still didn't got any meaningful reply.

In begining of January I got an email from Fanatec in which they call upon all customers who are waiting to resolve some kind of issue with them to write them again, but ... you guess it ... no reply or better yet, no meaningful reply (like they do not read what is in the mail or in CRM ticket).

Really didn't expecting that kind of behaviour from industry biggest brand.

• I’ve been waiting for a reply on a missing order since 7th December.

Will I ever get a reply? Or have I just lost my money?

• edited February 7

Thank you Michael F. Thankfully I paid with PayPal. All PayPal asked if I received my package. Told them no. Fedex lost it. PayPal said ok in 7 days if no response well send you your money back. However that wasn't the case. They escalated my concern and gave Fanatec ANOTHER 10 days to respond.

I sent PayPal proof I tried using Fanatec's email address listed in PayPals website: [email protected]

I also submitted proof that I submitted a request for support using their online customer service messaging system.

Fanatec was my sim racing hero. After all I've seen from them not responding to numerous customers is a huge red flag for me now. Sucks. I really like my Fanatec stuff.

• Update PayPal is sending my money back. Per PayPal, "We reviewed the case you filed on January 27, 2024 and have decided in your favor.

We've issued a refund of $334.37 USD to you on February 9, 2024. It may take up to 5 days for this refund to be reflected on your PayPal account or bank."

I don't know if Fanatec is going to follow-up with Fed Ex on a lost shipment claim but based on the abundance of similar complaints online, I assume they aren't following up them and are probably losing some money there too.

Fanatec if your reading this, I'll trade you some products for some work. I'll clean up all your emails.

• Tes AhmTes Ahm Member
    edited February 11

On the day my second order actually got shipped (shock) they finally answered one of my tickets, apologised for the "human error" and said they will instruct UPS to return to sender after which refund will be processed.

It has spent the last week being transported to the UK, through customs and then to my local depot sitting there for a couple days with the note that it will be returned to sender. Hopefully it won't take too much longer before this turd-that-won't-flush of an experience can finally be over with.

A real shame because like most people I actually think the product and price is fantastic. But I will never tolerate being mugged off like this, I have innumerable ways to better spend my money time and leisure.

Edit: I also saw the interview by the CEO. Guy literally said - initially - there is nothing he would have changed in regards to the Black Friday shit-show and actually views the fiasco as he is doing everyone a favor by fulfilling the orders anyway. What an absolute Wichser.