First it was 2.5x, Now QR1 Lite.

Currently 2 for 2 in terms getting absolutely railed by fanatec.

US east coast, Ordered on November 24th, a CSL DD + 2.5x bundle with some accessories. Didnt recieve shit, was kept in the dark for 4 weeks, Recieved an email Dec 15th from fanatec offering a voucher if I cancelled, or i wait until March for a 2.5x so I took that. Waited another 3 weeks until beginning of January for them to figure out how to get a discount code working. They sent it first week of Jan.

I used my 25% off Voucher and placed a new order on Jan 19 for a Mclaren Elite bundle + QR1 Lite (because it was free and IN STOCK + AVAILABLE at the time) as well as QR2 metal bundle.

Over the weekend, I noticed when I tried to place my same exact order again to check stock (just Fanatec things btw) the QR1 Lite was set to completely out of stock. My order was handed over to warehouse Monday morning and has been stuck there ever since. I check again now, QR1 lite on webshop has a pre-order date until March 21, but my order has no updates still, (green handover to warehouse)

Can't cancel because I'm pretty sure I'll lose my voucher, I don't trust fanatec to give it back to me after I used it and potentially cancel the order, and this is even assuming they respond to me and cancel my order to begin with. I don't have any new dates under the QR1 lite, or serial numbers on any other product.

I've asked them in vain to provide an update and if my order is going to be postponed until March 21, and they replied within a few hours!!

JK, it's been a week and multiple emails (first one monday the 22nd, gotta start early with these people), and no response, of course. Don't know what to do anymore except wait for... a miracle?

Has anyone else had any luck with orders containing QR1 lite in US east coast?

Comments

• QR1 lite is little weird really because is-int they should be already included by default in some steering wheels?

• Yeah, it's the free option that comes with most wheels.... but it's still a separate product. So they have to have them in stock to be able to fulfill any wheel order where the buyer chooses the free option, which I suspect is the majority of orders. I suspect no one was opting for the QR1 (non-lite) with the QR2 being released but being sold out (ie, why pay for the upgraded QR1 when you can just wait on the superior QR2).

My order has been stuck for just two weeks, but now I'm seeing the March 21st availability date for the QR1 Lite. My issue with that is that it will be past 60 days at that point, which is the limit for disputing a credit card charge. So I don't know if I should wait and cross my fingers, or just dispute the charge now. Oh, how I wish I visited this forum before placing my order.

• Just double check, I know with Amex they do extend on a case-by-case basis in their terms and conditions for goods/services never received. Might be worth just touching base with them beforehand so it's flagged before the cutoff date?

• is it showing a date in your order specifically or do you mean just seeing the pre order date on the Webshop? Mine still says nothing on the order screen.

• I’m in the same boat. I posted on another thread, but same issue. I’ve initiated a dispute with PayPal. I’m done with Fanatec. Going with Asetek instead. Ordered an Asetek bundle, and it shipped the next day.

• That's just the pre-order date that's currently showing in the shop. So yeah, I'm assuming that my order is being held up by the QR1 Lite availability, and not just total and complete incompetence on the part of Fanatec.

• Yeah safe to assume. Its honestly a joke, when we ordered it was stated to be in stock, just incompetence in inventory. even after the supposed january inventory, they still cant list shit on their website when its actually in stock or not...

• I guess the thing that really pisses me off is that I didn’t even want the QR1 lite. It was added automatically when I ordered the McLaren GT3.

• whats now ? did you get your order despite the QR1 Lite being sold out?