QR2 Grease Marks!

Hello!

i am new to sim racing and I don’t know if that is normal ? It is like grease but I don’t know if that’s ok like this ?

Kind Regards!

Comments

• I don't have QR2 yet so I can't say for sure... but my guess is that it's residual grease to allow 2 metal bars to move (retract) when engaging. Maybe just wipe off the portion and see if it cumulates again. Do you by chance change to different wheels or take wheel on/off often? just curious.

• i hope that it is ok like that, and yes I do often replace my wheel

• Hi Smail. I can't say for sure, but since you're taking wheel on/off often, I think mechanical grease/lubricant may be building up. I would recommend wiping it off with dry paper towel (I don't think you need to go heavy wiping with isopropyl alcohol or anything like that IMO, grease is probably there for a reason). If I remember right, I think QR1 also has small amount of lubricant on latching device as well.

Having said that, I think this is bit of a poor quality from Fanatec. They should have better quality control or use different lubricant or less amount. I'll monitor it when I get my QR2.

• Hi, completely true what that you are telling. Maybe I gonna buy a new one and gonna look good if that’s also the case.