Fanatec wheel Base club sport not working

Hello.

I have an old fanatec slub sport wheel base and I have Fanatec GT Wheel and Mclaren gt3 wheel. I have plugged the usb cable into my xbox as well as PS4 hoping that it will work as a plug and play device but nothing is showing up. The base starts, the wheel does its calibration and then nothing happens. Ignore my dumb questions as I do not have any experience of these wheel bases and setting it up for my 7 year old son. Any help would be much appreciated.

Comments

• Correction. My wheel base is club sport v2.5. dont know if that makes any difference or not.

• MadDog-ICMadDog-IC Member
    edited February 13

Base doesn't support PS4 at all, does support Xbox so long as you have an Xbox compatible steering wheel attached.

You may have to switch modes manually from PC to Xbox with button combinations that may differ between wheels, etc.

From CSW v2.5 Manual:

7.1.3 Switching modes Initially the ClubSport Wheel Base V2.5 is in PC mode if no Fanatec Steering Wheel for Xbox One is attached.

For use on Xbox One the ClubSport Wheel Base V2.5 has to be attached with a Fanatec Steering Wheel for Xbox One (e.g. Universal Hub for Xbox One, CSL Steering Wheel P1 for Xbox One) and switch to Xbox One mode.

When the wheel base is booted with attached Fanatec Steering Wheel for Xbox One the wheel base is initially already in Xbox One mode, indicated by the green lit ring of light around the Wheel Base ‘START’ button.

In case the ClubSport Wheel Base V2.5 is in PC mode with an attached Fanatec Steering Wheel for Xbox One you have to connect the wheel base to the Xbox One console via USB cable and then press the buttons "Dual squares + Y" at the same time after auto calibration of the ClubSport Wheel Base V2.5 is completed.

"Dual squares + Y buttons" allows to toggle between PC and Xbox One mode when a Fanatec Steering Wheel for Xbox One is attached, with other Fanatec Steering Wheel the ClubSport Wheel Base V2.5 works on PC only. PC Mode is indicated by red lit ring of light.

Please see corresponding quick guide of the Fanatec Steering Wheel you use at the ClubSport Wheel Base V2.5.

GT Wheel = (Xbox compatible = unknown, Buttons Combo = Unknown)

GT3 McClaren wheel (Xbox compatible v2 anyway) = N + Y Buttons to toggle PC / Xbox modes.

Please see user manual of the Universal Hub for Xbox One as well.